Chapter 30

*Rashmi Pov*

"Hey junior!" I turned to see Manoj walking towards me from his bike and I smiled at him.

"Hey senior!" I greeted back repeating his words making him laugh.

"Why are you staring at your phone like that? You are also quite early to college today." He asked gesturing my phone.

"I am waiting for my friends and just felt like coming early. Why are you early today?" I asked back.

I am actually early today feeling restless how will it be finally dating Karthik from today onwards. I can't believe I finally decided to go along with it, but Mehrin's talk helped me a lot.

"We have a seminar today and I am here to collect things regarding the arrangements for guests." He replied pointing the vehicle that just came.

"Shall I help you? Where are other people?" I asked, looking around.

"They will be here soon. But you can help me as a practice for next year." He replied and I smiled following him.

After we placed the first set of things, we returned back to the vehicle for the decorations to be arranged on stage. I laughed when he just held a small box and acted like it is too heavy.

"You are too weak, senior. I will carry that too for you." I said making him place it over the box I am carrying.

"You are sweating too much. So, I will just wave this to get you some air." He said, waving the newspaper from my side and I shook my head, taking a step but stopped when I found our friends standing before me.

I smiled at them, but it slipped when I saw Karthik's angry expression. What happened to him now? He was fine the day before yesterday and we even chatted yesterday night.

"I will take these." Saying that he took the boxes from me.

"Thanks! I will show you the way. And thanks for your help junior. We will meet later." Manoj added the last sentences to me and made Karthik follow him.

"You are dead, Rashmi. Why were you with him again?" Mehrin asked, looking at me.

"I was just helping him. Why? What happened?" I asked her frowning.

"What happened? You are laughing with your crush is what happened." She replied shaking her head.

"He was very happy in the car today and we didn't have to guess why is that, but he suddenly lost all that when we saw you both." Chitra said sighing.

"He definitely deserves this jealousy for not caring for his past relations. Why should his dating life go smoothly?" Rohan asked laughing.

"Did you guys forget that I am living with him? You know what happens if he is really angry. I don't want to spend my days feeling alone, even when there is a person present with me." Kalyan said frowning.

"Anyway, I was just helping our senior. And I still didn't tell him that I will be his girlfriend." I pointed out and stepped back when I saw Karthik standing behind them.

"He wants one person to help with the arrangement." He said not looking at me.

"I will come and help you, Karthik." Kalyan immediately said and followed him.

"Can someone die again?" I asked, looking at Mehrin and she nodded chuckling.

We all walked into our class and waited for Kalyan and Karthik to return. However, they returned after the class started and explained the reason for coming late.

Karthik calmly sat beside me not saying a word and just listened to the lecture which is quite normal. I turned towards him the moment our lecturer left, but he stared at the book not paying any attention to me.