Chapter 27

*Karthik Pov*

"So, what was all that about maid saying you went to college?" Rashmi asked when we were walking towards the vehicles after our classes.

"That was a lie, right? Ugh! I shouldn't ask anymore about any of this." She immediately added, and I smiled at her expression.

"But why to keep it as a surprise only for me? Even Kalyan was not there to meet Preetha that day, but seems like he knows about this." She immediately asked glancing at Kalyan.

"I shifted into the flat he took. Actually, we both took it together this time." I explained, looking at her.

"Why? You have your house, right?" she asked frowning.

"I will be kind of busy soon about a few things. So, I thought it would be a best option to stay there instead of with my parents and disturb them." I replied and she frowned more but didn't ask anything else.

"Let's go!" she said, turning towards our friends, but stopped realizing what they are doing.

Kalyan and Chitra are talking to each other while the others are busy with their phones. They were not listening to us, all this time?

"Okay! Let's cancel to go anywhere today and just go to our places." She announced and they all immediately glanced at her.

"Why?" they all asked at a time.

"You guys just continue doing this and there is no need for both of us at all." She replied shaking her head.

"Rashmi! Even you both were busy talking to each other." Mehrin pointed out and she immediately scowled at her.

"We are talking about general issues and not romantic issues like you guys. See? This is what they have been doing this whole week. At least Mehrin used to be with me normally before, but after everyone found out... I mean when she finally got a fiance, she is also ignoring me." Rashmi said looking at me with pitiful eyes.

"It's okay! Let's do the same and make them feel the same way like you." I assured placing my hand on her shoulder, which she immediately pushed away saying, "No need to tease me."

Mehrin and she decided to travel in Rohan's car while Kalyan and Chitra will travel by themselves. Rohan walked towards me smirking and I just shook my head, hoping he will not say anything.

"I guess everything is wrong with you. Why is she not taking a single word in a serious sense?" he asked standing beside me.

"Tell me about it. It is the same result from the trip itself. At that time I was confused about my own feelings and I can understand for her to not take anything serious, but this is too much." I said frowning.

"You should have taken major decisions after getting some progress from her side." He commented like he has done for the past one week and I just ignored him.

Somehow I can make her realize I am very serious about many things and I have a feeling she will accept them too, and there are no obstacles right now which is a good thing.

****

Why did I actually think there were no obstacles? I thought the very next day looking at her seriously doing everything she did with me when interacting with that Manoj.

"Am I really seeing this? Did I come here to be a witness to all this?" I asked Kalyan and Rohan.

"I wish I can kill him right now." Kalyan commented glaring at the table where those three are sitting with the group of Manoj leaving us here.

We saw them rushing to his side whenever they see him on the campus. I glanced at Rohan to see him smirking while typing on his phone.

"Is he really attached to his phone like that all the time?" I asked Kalyan and he nodded.