Fantasy made possible

Lamy buried her face on her pillow as she tried to calm herself down. She just acted in a manner that wasn't appropriate for someone of her status and she hated herself for that.

"AAAAGGHHH!!!" she muffled her screams using her pillow while her legs trashed around.

I'M SOOO EMBARRASSED!!!!!!! she rolled around her bed as she cursed herself.

She lashed out on Kei and ran with tears running down her face. While she wiped them away before anyone else could see her, she still showed that side of her to someone else.

I'M SO PATHETIC!!!!

Her image as a dignified elf was already destroyed. If Kei would say that he saw her crying over something like that, people would think she's not so different from regular girls.

"Calm down, Lamy! That's right! He's not a credible person! Even if he says that he saw me crying, he has no proof! No one would believe him as long as he has no evidence. The only proof of our connection is our messages but the only thing they can get from them is that I asked him for a favor."

After convincing herself, she realized one weird thing about the situation. And then her face became red as her thoughts ran wild.

Don't promise what you can't deliver! I feel stupid for believing you and your science! she recalled herself saying that.

"AAAAGGGHHH!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, LAMY?!! HE NEVER PROMISED ANYTHING!! ALL HE SAID WAS THAT HE HAD A MACHINE THAT CAN FREEZE THINGS!!! YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG FOR ASSUMING THINGS AND HAVING EXPECTATIONS!!!!" she slammed her head to the wall.

Why was I so pushy anyways? that question surfaced in her mind.

While his complete denial of magic irritated her, he wasn't mean to her on a personal level. Kei even responded to her message at night and attended to her questions without asking things like how she got his number in the first place.

And when she asked him to show her a machine that could freeze things, he was even kind enough to give one of his inventions that he made a long time ago. He never offended her intentionally and she only got angry because of her unrealistic expectations.

Her face became redder from embarrassment and she thrashed around her bed while muffling her scream using her pillow.

I'm an elven Changeling and yet I can't do magic. Meanwhile, Yasusada-kun is just a regular human and can do magical things despite it being scientific. Was I... jealous of him? And the thought of becoming someone who is as magical as him made me take things wrongly and get offended over trivial manners?!!!

She hugged her pillow tightly as she noticed her mistake. The one in the wrong wasn't Kei. Lamy was the one at fault and she just made things awkward between the two of them.

"I have to apologize..." she muttered.

Lamy stood up as determination filled her heart. She was the sole heir of the Yukihana Conglomerate and elves like her should have dignity and courtesy. It was a must that she should apologize as soon as possible.

And then she realized one important thing.

"How do I properly apologize?!!"

While she had spats in her childhood, she just said sorry and the other side would just accept her apology. But those spats were over trivial manners that children would usually have.

This time was different. She was completely in the wrong and yet she's supposed to be a mature girl. An elven Changeling like her shouldn't have done such a thing but she went and got angry over something like that. It was even worse since she was completely at fault.