Chapter 2:

Okay, I would just like to say... please don't kill me!! I know it has been forever, but there was some family drama that went down, and I didn't want to put anything out that was bad or too short, so here it is!! note: I still need an editor!? so if you see some mistakes and you want them fixed, comment your email please :)... enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at my desk typing like there was no tomorrow. If I could just get this paperwork logged, I could leave.  And they didn't let us out much, so my keyboard sounded as though hail was crashing into it.  Conrad poked his head over his side of the cubical, blue eyes full of laughter. 

"Easy there, tiger," he laughed.

I looked up to him, fingers still flying across the keyboard, "I'm on my last entry, there is no way I am slowing down now."

He just laughed and shook his head, sitting back down. I typed in the last line, tears filling my vision. 

Once I hit enter I jumped up with a small squeal, "I'm free! Peace, bitches!"

I gave a quick hug to everyone, and was gone before someone could tell me otherwise.  With a quick wave of my hand, a taxi pulled up to the curb for me.  But, upon opening the door, I paused, and closed it.  I had spent so long sitting at that desk; a little stretching of the legs couldn't hurt.  I decided to walk to the airport; it wasn't really that far anyway.  Besides I needed the rush of movement around me.

Even though we knew the first couple years of being an agent for Saviors was never exciting, everyone was kind of depressed.  It was hard going from intense training every day, to sitting behind a desk sorting files.  To the people outside of the Saviors, fifteen years is a long time.  But to us, it was merely a bump in our otherwise positive careers. 

We were file sorters.  It's where all the newbies do their time.  Since most of the cases were already sorted in order of priority, our job now was analyzing projects and sketching out plans on how to go about them.  I hated being cooped up, but I did take pleasure in the one perk we got that the higher teams didn't; a set vacation.  I took my three weeks each year and set a firm date to run through the holidays each and every year.  The others saved theirs for summer months and went to the beach.  Conrad, having grown up in Colorado, was the only one who took his vacation in the same season as me.  And he spent it on a ski slope snowboarding around the slow-skiing tourists.

I was the only one who visited family.  But I was also the only one who didn't have much of it left.  When I was young, my parents were murdered in front of me and my two siblings before the cops could even get in our door.  Our very last relative took care of us, but she was elderly, and it was more like we took care of her.  The three of us grew close in that time period, and every free moment I had was spent writing letters to Ana or calling Jay. 

I walked right past airport security-it's nice having that kind of clearance-and barely made the red-eye flight to Atlanta.  Currently, it was blizzarding (sort of) here in New York, but I knew it was most likely still in the mid-forties in Georgia.  I couldn't wait.  I was excited about this visit, but also a little sad.  Most likely, this could be my last trip for years.

For this fifteenth Christmas I flew down to Jay's new house three days earlier then I usually did.  I picked the lock to the front door, waltzed in, and plucked Talie right off her little spot on the couch where she was watching early Saturday morning cartoons.  She squealed at first, but I shushed her and she giggled, grinning widely.