Chapter 5: Kiyotaka No Basket

Start from the beginning

I inwardly sighed in relief. This is my first time encountering her in this reality, so I doubt I'd get dragged and nagged by her everytime we see each other.

"Shiba-kun, would you like to join us?" Koenji-san asked.

"I apologize, Koenji-san, but I'm afraid I have to pass."

"Is that so? Then I'll invite you another time." I nodded in response.

She and Koenji-san left the classroom. But before they disappeared before my eyes, I didn't miss her smirk while looking at me.

Damn it.

"Damn, was she a senpai? She's freaking beautiful! Probably as beautiful as Koenji-san!"

I don't support that statement. Koenji-san is definitely a lot charming than Kiryuuin-senpai by a mile.

"I think Ayanokoji-san is a lot more good looking than them. Please don't take it like I am badmouthing them, Shiba-san," Okitani said.

"Everyone has their own opinions, Okitani, so I'm fine hearing that." I replied.

Well, I do agree that my female self is more good looking than Koenji-san but I have to admit that Koenji-san's cuteness is just above my female self's.

Damn, I sound like a narcissist now.

Meanwhile in the original timeline.

"Achoo!" Koenji surprisingly sneezed. And he is in a middle of a room date at that, doing something any couple wouldn do.

"My, oh my, this is isn't very like me. Forgive me, dear. Let's get back to our business, shall we?"

The girl nodded in understanding.

Back to Kiyotaka.

"Shiba!" Looking to my side, I found the owner of the voice, and it was none other than Sudo. "Let's play basketball, I'm pretty sure I can hold a candle against you now!" he exclaimed in excitement.

"I take that as you get accepted, no? Well, congratulations, Sudo."

"Thanks, I appreciate it!"

After that exchange, me and Sudo went to the basketball club. Unsurprisingly, Kei and her gang followed.

"Sudo, you're later than usual, what took you so long?" a black haired senpai asked Sudo while doing some dribbling exercises.

"I'm sorry, senpai. I just brought Shiba with me," Sudo replied.

"Is that so? No wonder chicks are flocking..."

Did he just indirectly insulted Sudo?

"Shiba, right? How about you show us your basketball skills in a 1v1 against me. Sudo here is always bragging that he can't beat you no matter how hard he play."

Really, Sudo? I inwardly thought and sighed.

"Fine, but Sudo asked me first, senpai," I replied.

"Shiba is right, senpai. I asked him first. First come first serve." Sudo protested.

"Well, that can't be helped. I will drain his energy first so you can defeat him," the senpai replied.

"But..." Sudo tried to protest but soon the coach supported the senpai causing Sudo to surrender.

I guess there's no other choice. I also can't make Sudo a liar to them, he might lose his respect for me and I might just lose a friend and a big time asset in the future.

"Do your best Shiba-kun!" the members of Kei's gang said.

"Good luck, Kiyotaka." Kei said.

"I will." I lied.