ENGAGEMENT

The dreaded day arrived finally

The dreaded day arrived finally. Pranbir and Sarita ji had accepted the marriage thinking it as Shahana's wish. No one knew about the deal Shahana had made with Dhruv.

Though Shahana had a smile on her face outside, she was grieving her fate inside. The thought of spending the rest of her life with someone whom she doesn't know or trust even a bit was making her depressed. After a few more days, she won't be able to be Aryan's forever.

The fact that Aryan hadn't come to visit them even once since the last two days made her more sad. She wondered if he would come for the engagement.

Just then, Prachi came there to help her get ready.

Prachi: My sister is looking so beautiful that no one will be able to take their eyes of her.

Shahana gave a small smile at the compliment. She would have been genuinely happy if Prachi had said the same thing when she was getting married to Aryan.

But, destiny had something else in store for them. He didn't love her and even if he did, Alia would never approve their relationship.

Shahana: Has everyone arrived?

Prachi: Guests are still arriving from Dhruv's side and from our side it's only me, Ranbir, Sarita ji and Aryan.

Shahana: Has Aryan arrived?

Prachi: Not till now.

Ranbir called Prachi for some work. She told Shahana to wait in the room and went away.

Shahana started at her phone for sometimes and then gathered courage and called Aryan.

On the other hand, Aryan was torn between going to the engagement or not. The ringing of his phone attracted his attention. He saw that it was Shahana and picked it up immediately.

Aryan: Is everything fine there? Why did you call me?

Shahana: I..... I was wonderful if you will come here or not.

Aryan: Do you want me to go there?

Shahana (lightly): Yes.......

Aryan: Why?

Shahana: I want all of my special ones to be present on my special day.

Aryan (emotionally): Indeed, it's a special day. Don't worry, I'll be there.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Everyone had gathered in the huge hall. The engagement would begin in a few minutes.

The lights dimmed and the spotlight fell on the beautiful girl descending the stairs.

Prachi was correct, Shahana was looking angelic in the rose gold gown.

Aryan was mesmerized by her beauty.  For him, she was the most beautiful lady on the earth.

Shahana saw Aryan staring at her and blushed a deep shade of red.

The two pairs of eyes met and got lost in each other. Neither if them could break the eye contact.

But, this proved to be a disaster as Shahana missed a step, tripped and almost fell down.

Aryan was quick to react and rushed to her. He caught her just in time and now she was in his arms.

Their bubble was broken when Dhruv disturbed them.

Dhruv: Are you hurt?

Aryan immediately left Shahana and she stood straight.

Shahana: No.

Dhruv held Shahana's hand. Though she felt uncomfortable, she couldn't say anything.

Dhruv: Thanks for saving my fiancé.

Aryan: It was my duty.

Dhruv took Shahana away with him to the stage.

Aryan watched helplessly as Dhruv held Shahana's hand and slid the ring on her finger.

Now, it was Shahana's turn. She was hesitating and looked around at the happy faces of Prachi, Ranbir and Sarita ji and the expressionless face of Aryan.

She again turned towards Dhruv but was surprised to see Aryan there. She put the ring on his finger and he smiled at her.

Everyone's applause broke the trance. She was put the ring on Dhruv's finger! It was just that she and Aryan was hallucinating the same thing.

Dhruv pulled her closer to him to pose for the paparazzi. Helplessly, Shahana put on a plastic smile for world.