CONTRACT

A letter came for Shahana in the morning

A letter came for Shahana in the morning. She saw it and started jumping of happiness. 

Prachi: What's in that letter that excited you so much?

Shahana: It's from the company I had given interview in. I have been selected! They have called me to complete the formalities.

Aryan: Didn't you say that your interview was not good?

Shahana: I thought so.

Ranbir: Leave it. It really looks like good days are awaiting us.

Sarita ji: I'm so proud of you kids. May God bless you always.

After having breakfast, Shahana went to the company, Arbir went to make the necessary arrangements for their new business and Prachi stayed back to help Sarita ji.

Shahana reached the office and enquired at the reception. He told her to go to a particular cabin. She went there and knocked on the door.

Deep voice: Come in.

Shahana: Good morning sir

The person turned towards her. She was shocked to see the same the same person she had bumped into the other day.

Person: Ms. Shahana Arora, isn't it?

Shahana: Yes sir

Person: Do you know who I am?

Shahana: No sir

Person: I am Dhruv Malhotra, the owner of this company.

Shahana shuddered to hear the name. She was in front of the ruthless Dhruv Malhotra.

Dhruv: You are not qualified enough to be hired by our company but I have another interesting offer for you.

Shahana: What offer sir?

Dhruv: Sign this contract and marry me.

Shahana (standing up): I'm sorry sir, but this is not possible.

Dhruv: Sit down Ms. Arora. I've not finished. Don't you want your sister Prachi to get a good job? Do you want your brother-in-law Ranbir and best friend Aryan's business to flop before it starts? What if that old man, what was his name- Purab dies prematurely? If you don't accept the offer, the worst can happen.

Shahana thought for a while. If she accepted the offer, her family would lead a happy life and if not, she couldn't think of it even. On the other hand, what would happen if she married him? At most, she would end up in a loveless marriage, but it could be considered as an arranged one. On top of that, no one loved her romantically.

Shahana: OK. I agree, but you have to promise that you won't harm my family.

Dhruv: No sweetheart, it's already mentioned in the contract, till you behave like a good girl and do as I say, I will help your family to prosper.

Shahana signed the contract sadly. She didn't know that it will change her life drastically.

Dhruv: You may leave now. I will be there at your house in the evening.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ranbir: It is such a lucky day! On the first day, we got a deal.

Aryan: That too from the great shrewd businessman Dhruv Malhotra!

Ranbir: Even Prachi got selected in her job.

Aryan: I wish the same has happened to Shahana also.

Ranbir: Speaking about Shahana, what's going on between you, huh? I have been noticing since many days.

Aryan: No...Nothing. We are best friends.

Ranbir: As an experienced person, I can say that it's more than only friendship. May be...... Love.

Aryan: No, you are mistaken. We are Harry and Hermione, you mistook our friendship as people did theirs.

Ranbir (not convinced): If you say so.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

It was evening. Shahana was sitting in her room alone since she had returned from the office. Everyone thought she was sad as she didn't get the job.

Prachi: How long will you stay in here? You didn't even eat anything properly.

Shahana: I'm in no mood to do so.

Prachi: Everyday brings a new opportunity. May be a better job is waiting for you.

Shahana sighed. If it was only a job, she would have been relaxed, but it was much more than that.

Someone pressed the calling bell.

Sarita ji went to open the door and saw a huge man. He bent down and touched her feet.

Sarita ji: Who are you?

Riwaaz: Dhruv Malhotra.

Sarita ji remembered Ranbir and Aryan discussion about him as their new dealer. She thought he had come to meet Arbir.

Sarita ji: Come in. I'll call them.

Dhruv: Keep them here.

His servants came and kept beautifully decorated baskets on the table.

Sarita ji: What are these?

Dhruv: Shagun

Hearing them noise, Pranbir and Arhana came down. Shahana's heart sank on seeing Dhruv.

Ranbir: Sir, you here!

Dhruv: You stay here! I didn't know.

Sarita ji: Then whom did you come to meet?

Riwaaz: Shahana

Aryan (bit jealous): Why?

Dhruv: I want to marry her.

Pranbir, Aryan and Sarita ji: WHAT!!

They were shocked at the sudden proposal.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Will the family allow the marriage?