I sigh, before asking "What's my mobility situation?"

He looks me over, before declaring "Wheelchair until you get the catheter out."

I point to the wheelchair and he wheels it over. When I take a seat, he hooks the bag onto the chair and sighs "Do you need anything else?"

I shake my head and state "Just roll me out of here and we're golden."

Thor calls after me "Loki, all I did was defend you!"

I stop the aide and turn around to remind "The case wasn't public knowledge, Thor. You could have just tanked the trial."

He sets his jaw and I roll out.

~

The following day, I awaken from my afternoon nap to find a familiar head of short blonde hair sticking up from behind a newspaper. I scoff and ask "Did you come to give me an update on the trial, Mobius?"

He lowers his newspaper with a cocky smile. When he folds it, he explains "So far, your boy did good. Pulled at the jury's heartstrings."

I furrow my brow and ask "Is that it?"

He fold his newspaper as he explains "The defense is trying to shatter your credibility and brought in some of your old pals from the underground."

I sigh, before looking towards the telly "I did what I had to do to survive."

He nods, before declaring "That means you will be questioned more than we previously thought. More than likely, we'll have to bring up your past."

I nod, before he sighs "It also means that I need to share something with you. Two things, actually."

I pull myself up in bed, before asking "What is it?"

He sighs, before explaining "When you came into the hospital the night of the attack, your tox-screen popped positive for herion. The defense is claiming that you wouldn't even be able to remember your attack."

I take in a deep breath, before declaring "I was knocked out for a bit. I felt weird when I came to. I thought it was just a concussion." I shrug "Besides, I have an photographic memory."

He nods, before looking down at his briefcase "I had planned to give you this after the trial, but..."

He pulls out a file and speaks softly "I found your dad."

I hold out my hand and he hands it over. He explains "I had to cross reference your birthday with a list of baby wellness visits and birth records. I found that your biological mother had complications during your birth."

I give a short nod and open the file. When I find a certificate of death, his funeral plot, and medical records, I understand.

I furrow my brow and ask "Stage four brain tumor?" He nods and I look at the date on the certificate of death. I press my lips into a fine line and declare "He died a week after he left me at the safe haven."

He gives me a weak smile "You might want to keep reading."

I flip through a few more pages, before finding his immigration papers. He and my biological mother were from Norway.

I flip through a few more and find something huge.

"They immigrated here because my father wanted to be near the ship yard for work. He left me sixty million dollars in his will that has been gathering interest over the past twenty years."

He furrows his brow and tells me "This is when the pieces really started falling together."

I give a confused look and flip to the next page to find a picture or what I assume was my father next to a very much younger Odin as they stand in front of a red cargo shipping container. The word "ASGARD" is painted on vibrant gold paint.

My soul shakes to the core as he states "If you keep reading, you'll find that Laufey left his shares of the business to Odin, and every penny of his profits to you."

I set my jaw and ask "Did Odin know about me?"

He takes in a deep breath "He contacted social services several times to try to find you. By the time he did, you were with a lovely family. Things fell apart after the husband had a stroke."

I furrow my brow and ask "Did Odin keep tabs on me?"

He gives a sad look, before explaining "He had to hire a private investigator just to find you the first time. After you bounced from house to house, he couldn't find a paper trail."

I bat my eyes for a moment and I furrow brow and nod, before looking over the file again. I take in a deep breath, before asking "I'm a millionaire?"

He gives me a tired smile "You never have to work a day in your life."

I set my jaw and chuckle tiredly "I was homeless. Now, I'm a millionaire."

He nods, before asking "Is there anything I can do?"

I shake my head, before sighing "Do you know anything about the woman who first adopted me? The one who's husband had a stroke."

He takes in a deep breath, before explaining "He died. She perished in a car accident, last year. Her second husband actually works at your university."

I furrow my brow and he explains "Professor Selvig."

I furrow my brow and sigh, before looking out the window "Thor thought he was flirting with me. I wonder if he knew about me."

He takes in a deep breath, before declaring "That's something you need to find out for yourself."