Chapter 6

"My king!" Erupts the doctor as he steps towards me, examining the ring shaped markings on my skin. His beaked mask sounds very heavy as he breathes.

I give him a weak smile, before examining the flowers by my bedside "I've named a successor."

He doctor speaks in a concerned manner "And that is?"

"A village man." I look to the poises and smile "A dear friend." I look to him as a wave of nausea washes over me "I just wish I could speak with him, one last time."

The doctor looks to me and states "You know as well as I do that-"

"Please?" I cry. He gives a short nod, before declaring "If he wishes not to speak with me, I understand."

It took fifteen minutes for the doctor to return with Thor. He looks to the doctor and asks "A moment of privacy?"

The doctor leaves and Thor rips off his mask. When he comes to lay next to me, I stop him "I don't want you to get sick."

He continues in and states "I don't care." I pout my lip to him.

As he holds me, I melt into him and tell him "This is to be my final day on this earth, Thor."

He just holds me and runs his fingers through my hair "It's okay to go, my love. I'm right here with you."

~

I open my eyes to stare up at the ceiling. Tears stream down my face as I call out "Thor?"

He sits up, instantly "Yes, Loki?"

I let out a high pitched whine "I need you." He's at my bedside in an instant, holding my face in his hands.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asks, softly.

I give him a confused look through my tears "You didn't see it?" He shakes his head and I tell him "I died in my dream, and you were right there next to me."

He looks me in the eyes and whispers "I couldn't sleep."

I press my lips to his and he kisses back, passionately.

That night held the most gentle, most passionate sex of my life. The entire time, he held me as I rocked in his lap. And as the tears continued to slip from my eyes, he'd kiss them away, never letting go of me.

~

The following morning, after my first class, I step back into my dorm to find Thor, Banner, Natasha, and their friends, shoved into the room.

I furrow my brow and ask "What the hel are you doing here?"

"Thor told us about your dream last night." Natasha states, before stepping towards me "We're all worried about you."

I furrow my brow and remind "Even before I was with the pedophiles, I had dreams like that."

"I never seem to have those dreams." Thor shakes his head and he presses his lips into a fine line "I've never dreamed about either of us dying. I've only ever dreamt about meeting you, or sleeping with you, or just loving you."

I sit down in my desk chair and state "I always wake up early when you're about to fuck me."

He rubs his forehead and covers his mouth "So, all you get is us hanging out, and falling in love, and then you horrifically dying?"

I give a short nod, before shrugging "When I don't dream of my past, yeah."

Banner furrows his brow "Did you tell your psychiatrist that?" I shake my head and he asks "Are the meds helping?"