Chapter 11

The following day, there's a knock on my dorm room door and I answer it to find Bruce stands in the doorway "The team wants you to be our closer. We need to run our lineup for Friday's meet."

I furrow my brow and ask "When do you need me?"

"Tonight. 6." He states and I nod, before looking back to Thor, who nods, before Bruce asks "Why do you need his approval?"

I shrug, before declaring "I think he just wants to come to make sure his seat is clean for tonight."

Thor scoffs and Bruce groans, before walking off.

~

That night, I beat record time. During defense class on Thursday, Darcy made all the other girls jealous by hugging me. That weekend, we went to Thor's house.

It was an average Saturday.

An even more average Sunday morning.

When it was time for our run, Thor stopped in front of his house at the third trip around the loop.

I smile at him and state "For someone on the hockey team, you're not really lung strong."

He places his hands on his hips and states "It's easier on skates."

I hum and he start to turn towards the house. I grab his shirt to stop him. He gives a confused look until my lips are on his.

He freezes and asks "What about you being afraid of people seeing us?"

I rub his chest, fondly "I don't care." He smiles at me, before pulling me towards him and giving a proper snog.

As he releases me, he tells me "I love you, more and more, each day."

I smile at him "I love you, too." When I move a stray hair aside, I declare "I'm going to keep running. Go get a glass of water."

When he heads inside, I plug in my ear buds and keep jogging. As I round the bend, something hard hits me in the back of the head.

I awaken to piercing in my chest. When I look down, I find the word "COCKSUCKER" carved across my pecks.

When I look around, I find an empty warehouse. My heart pounds as I hear footsteps approach "The knob-jockey is awake!"

"Let's teach him a lesson!"

In that moment. I disassociate myself from my body.

And as they beat me with a cricket bat. Force a broomstick inside on me, then the bat, I just close my eyes.

I try not to satisfy their slander, even when they put a gun in my mouth.

And when I feel something cold inside of me, I gasp in shock. And that's when they pulled the trigger.

~

Cold sweats cover my body as the van door slides open. They push me out onto the street and I hear the tires squeal as they gun it away.

"Loki?" I hear Thor ask. The midnight sky casts a chilling wind over my naked body. Thor screams "Loki!"

As he runs out of the emergency room entrance, I hear him scream "Get the doctor!"

He rushes to my side and looks me over, before cradling his head in my lap. Frigga leans next to me and asks "Where were you shot? It's an exit wound."

I take in a raspy breath as Thor looks to his mum "Mom." She looks to him and he shakes his head, before looking back to me "It'll be alright. You're going to be alright."

I gulp, before shaking my head "Nothing is okay."

He brushes the hair out of my face and asks "What did they do to you, love?"

I shake my head as sobs rack through my body.

And when I glance over my shoulder, I find Odin stands there in shock. Hela runs outside with the emergency room nurses.

~

"Loki!" Odin roars as he steps into Thor's chambers. As I scramble for coverage, Thor looks at him in shock.

"Father, I can explain." Thor interjects. Odin casts a spell to knock Thor out as I climb from the bed.

"Father!" I plead as I cloak myself in Thor's sheets "You have to understand that Thor and I have a different perspective then most siblings."

"He's not your brother!" He hisses and I shut myself up. He looks me over and spits"You were left to die! A malformed, grotesque, frost giant!"

I press my lips into a fine line and ask "So you pitied me? Let Thor and I just believe we could never be together? Despite our love for one another?"

He sighs and I ask "Do you know who my true father is?"

He takes in a deep breath, before declaring "It's Laufey."

"The king of Jotunheim?" I spit and he sighs, before I turn my back to him. As I push my hair back out of my face, when I turn back, I hiss "I had given up on being king! Satisfied with Thor's love! And I was heir all this time?"

He scoffs at me "You weren't satisfied with Thor. You were satisfied with the thought of being king of Asgard."

I step towards him and glare "All I wanted was Thor! He is the love of my life! I'd be satisfied with being his mistress! No royalty at all!"

He rests his hand on my cheek and I smack him away. When I go to sit on Thor's bedside, I lay my head on the back of the bed and remark "What is my destiny? The same death sleep as Thor?"

Odin steps forward and narrows his gaze at me "I have something much worse in mind for you, Loki."

I take in a deep breath, before looking to Thor's sleeping form and moving the hair out of his face. When I lean down to place a kiss to his temple, Odin begins to speak.

When I shoot him a glare, he shuts up and I return to Thor to kiss his temple, again. I whisper in his ear "I will fight for you, my love."

As I follow Odin through the halls of the castle, I immediately know where we're going "What will happen to me in the dungeons?"

"Clever boy." He remarks, before turning towards me as he walks "You still wear the sheets." I look down at my cloaked body and he scoffs "You won't need them where you're going."

He stops and sighs "I've got to ask, what do you do to get into his bed?"

I furrow my brow and state "I read a book." He cocks an eyebrow to me "That's what I was doing, when he stumbled into my chambers, drunk. He sat in bed with me, rubbed my shoulders."

"He got on his knees and sucked me off, and I told him to stop." I tell him, before scoffing "He got me off, buttoned my pants, and hungerly attacked my neck."

I shake my head "He started us. Not me."

He narrows his gaze at me, before declaring "You really are the God of Lies." As he continues down the stairs, I follow after him.

When we pass Frigga in the hall, Odin stops and sighs "I just found your son in bed with our son." I set my jaw and she steps towards me to put her hand on my cheek.

She looks to Odin and states "He is of no blood relation to Thor. I don't see why you would have a problem with this."

Odin grabs her wrist and orders "Wait in our chambers. Will discuss this later. The boy's cell is waiting for him in the dungeons."

She looks to me and I hear her in my head "Run, love."

I shake my head and she gives me a worried look, before looking to Odin "At least let me say goodbye."

He gives a short nod, before she crosses over to me and hugs me. She whispers in my ear "Please run."

I back away and give a weak smile "I love you, mother."