It's Always Been You

Staring at the stick you in hand in shock, you couldn't believe it. You couldn't believe that you were going to bring a little you or him into the world.

You were excited but also scared because you didn't tell him, you didn't know how to tell him.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard the front door open. 
You quickly threw the stick in the trash and walked out into the living room.

"Hey daddy" you hugged his waist.

"Wassup baby" he said, kissing your forehead roughly.
"What you did today?"

"Oh nothing much"

"You okay doll" he sat on the living room couch, unloosening the first few buttons of his shirt.
"It look like you saw a ghost"

Unable to hold it in any longer you blurted it out. It was sooner or later & you chose sooner.
"I'm pregnant!"

"What?" He looked at you like you were crazy.

"I'm pregnant J, we're going to have a baby"

"We're not going to have shit" he rolled his eyes.

"Why would you say that?" You said, tears brimming your eyes.
"I don't believe in abortions so"

"I don't give a fuck what you believe in" he hissed.
"You're not having that baby"

"Says who?" You challenged.

"You want to play with me right now?" He said getting riled up.

"I'm having this baby J and if you don't want to then fine, ill leave but I'm not killing them or giving them away" you walked upstairs, getting your bag & packing it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He came in behind you.

"I'm leaving, you don't want this baby? Fine I'll go"

"And go where baby? A fucking hotel?" He looked at you like you were being difficult.

"Yeah" you said quietly.

He groaned in frustration at the fact you were being stubborn.
"You can keep the fucking kid but don't expect me to do much"

"Really?"

"Yeah doll, don't make me change my fucking mind. We'll go to the doctor tomorrow" he said, lighting up a cigarette.

"Okay" you smiled.

******

Sitting in the hospital bed, you waited for the doctor patiently. 

"Are you excited daddy?"

"Nah" he said, looking down at his phone barely acknowledging you.

"Alright so we have some good news and we have some bad news" the doctor said, finally coming in.

"Oh fucking great" J said under his breath.

"Can we hear the good news first" you said.

"Okay so the good news is that everything looks good and healthy for now. But the bad news is that if you go through with this pregnancy you might die because of major blood loss"

"What the fuck" j blurted out.
"What the fuck you mean she might die"

"Well sir she might be a high risk of loosing a lot of blood"

"So what are the options?" you whispered, still processing what the doctor said.

"You can either go through with the pregnancy and hope for the best or you can get an abortion"

"Get rid of that little shit" J said bluntly.
"J!" You yelled.

"Do you want to fucking die?" He hissed.

"I'll give you guys some time to think about it. Thank you for coming today" the doctor said, leaving the room.

You two stared at each other. Tension thick in the room. You wanted to keep the baby but he wanted it gone.

"Let's go" he said firmly, finally braking the silence.

******

You finally arrive home, tension still thick in the air.

"J I think we-"

"I don't give a fuck what you think, you're getting that little shit out of you" he said firmly.

"No! I don't want to" you cried.

"Do you want to fucking die!?" He yelled.

"No but if I do at least you'll have a piece of me!"

"I don't want a fucking piece of you, I want all of you" He walked up to you, pushing you against the wall.
"You getting rid of that thing tomorrow"

"But what about me? What about what I want?" You whispered, avoiding his eyes.

"Right now baby I don't give a fuck about what you want" he said firmly, not taking his eyes off you.
"I'm not letting that kid take you away from me. I choose you, it will always be you.

He backed up looking at you, then looking down to your stomach. He placed his hand on your stomach for a second before removing it and walking towards his office.

You slid down to the floor crying silently placing your hand on your stomach.
"I'm so sorry" you whispered.
"Hopefully one day we'll meet again"