Chapter 1

A/N

Logan Lerman as Thomas Hale

---------
Hello there!
My name's Thomas Hale. But most of my friends call me Tommy. I'm 16 and gay. My life has been, simply said, chaos. I became from a homeless, unwanted child to a child with 4 brothers, a mother and a father. Though it's not as simple as it sounds.
I guess I should start from the very beginning. My 14th birthday.

You'd think I was outside with the whole school, watching as the fire blared on, but no. I was inside and probably at the most dangerous place in the whole building, clutching on the three guinie pigs in my arms as if my life depended on it.

My lungs burned with each breath I took and my eyes wouldn't stop watering. I was in a classroom which was right across from the chemistry lab where all the chemicals resided. Not a smart idea might I add.

There wasn't any fire in the classroom, but the smoke made up for it. I would gladly open the windows, but that was out of the question because I didn't know when the room would catch on fire and oxygen only makes it stronger. Jumping out was also impossible as well since I was on the 5th floor and there were no fire trucks around, leaving me only one option. To wait for someone to come and save me. Though the chances were slim.

Though right now one of my biggest worries was what I would do if my foster parents kicked me out... Again....

"Man this sucks!!!" I yelled. Just then, a guy opened the door. He was wearing fire equipment so I decided that he was a fireman.

"You OK? " He asked as he neared me and reached out his hand. His voice was soft yet husky. It made my little gay boy lay on his bed and spread his legs widely , leaving everything in full view.

"Could be better." I answered, trying to keep my heart under control, as I carefully stood up and took his hand while I carefully held the animals the other.

"I'm Michael. What's your name?" Asked the man as he looked straight into my eyes.

"Thomas."

Back then, I hadn't had the slightest idea that everything was about to change.