thirty two | better to reign in hell

Start from the beginning

Everyone in the room turned their attention to Oswald Cobblepot, who was limping forward into the precinct, while his comrades Annabelle Mikaelson and Butch Gilzean merely stood to the side.

While Harvey Bullock and Lucius Fox stared down at Oswald, Harvey said, "Oh, no."

While Oswald limped further into the precinct, he said, "My name is Oswald Cobblepot."

He only stopped talking when Nathaniel Barnes said to him, "We know who you are, Penguin. What do you want?"

Annabelle shook her head with a sigh and quietly chuckled to herself, while Oswald replied as he continued to limp towards where Valerie Vale was standing, "What do I want? I want you to tell the truth to the people of Gotham. They would have us believe that there is no danger. But I was there the night those creatures broke out of Indian Hill. I saw them. And I saw who's leading them."

Valerie asked him, "Are you saying the escapees are organized?"

Oswald replied, "Hello! That is what I am saying."

Aubrey yelled, "There is absolutely nothing to support that!"

Oswald told them, "I told the police who to look for. I begged them time and time again. And they have done nothing." While he limped past Valerie and over towards where Aubrey and Nathaniel were standing, he said, "And so I am here to speak directly to the good people of Gotham."

After he stopped limping forward and turned around, he said to the reporters, "The enemy's name is Fish Mooney."

Nathaniel said to him, "Fish Mooney? She hasn't been spotted for over six months. She's either long gone or she's dead."

While he turned to look at Nathaniel, Oswald replied, "I wish I shared your simple belief." After he turned to face the reporters once more, he told them, "She is a criminal. She is a murderer. And now God knows what kind of monster Hugo Strange has turned her into. I implore every citizen of Gotham, if you love your family, if you love your children, find Fish Mooney. Until then, no one is safe."

Then Oswald limped past all of the reporters and over to where Annabelle and Butch were silently standing.

It was only when Oswald was about to leave the precinct that he stopped behind James and said to the former detective, "Hello, Jim."

James replied, "Oswald."

Oswald said to James, "I'm surprised you haven't found Mooney. I hear you're quite the bounty hunter these days."

While he turned to face Oswald, James replied, "You haven't made it worth my while."

While James left the precinct, Butch said, "Oh. Tough guy now."

Annabelle only chuckled in response, which got Oswald to glare at her as he said to Butch, "But he makes a point."

Then he limped out of the precinct with Butch close behind him.

Annabelle, however, chose to linger for a moment.

She eyed the few reporters that remained inside of the precinct before she looked over at Nathaniel, who was already staring at her with his eyes narrowed and his hands tightly gripping the railing that stood in front of him.

Annabelle chuckled before she mockingly saluted him and then disappeared in front of him.

She knew that Nathaniel wanted nothing more than to send her back to Arkham, despite her not being there in months.

While Nathaniel knew that if he tried to send her back there, he would be the reason for the deaths of several cops.

After all, over the past six months, he did just that.