5

Brielle smiled widely as she gripped Krucial's hand, stepping out of the limousine. Her breath was immediately taken away at the site.

They had been publicly dating for two years and Krucial had not taken her on her dream date. So today, March 31st 1998–their anniversary would be the perfect day.

She smoothed the front of her dress nervously, as the light of the restaurant twinkled in her eyes.

"Baby this is—Don't say anything just yet." She began but he cut her off, practically dragging her inside the restaurant.

"Hello, what is the last name?" They were met with a blonde woman who wore a white button up and black pants. Her English was clear but the French accent still rolled off her tongue.

Everyone and everything was so formal in the restaurant, Brielle was starting to feel a bit out of place.

"Santana."

The waitress's eyes lit up as she smiled, "Ou we've prepared for you, follow me."

She knew exactly what the man had planned for his lover and she was so excited for Brielle even though she didn't know her.

Krucial held his girlfriend's hand as they followed the waitress up a spiral staircase. The restaurant was beautiful; something straight out of a romance movie.

He looked over his shoulder to see the woman in pure bliss. Even after two years with the luxurious lifestyle, she was still not used to it.

The server led them to the rooftop, where a massive view of the Eiffel Tower was visible.

Krucial sent a tight-lipped smile to the lady, nodding his head for her dismissal. When she was gone he took the chance to look at his partner.

"Beautiful—what's the matta'?" He cut himself off, his eyes following the light stream of tears that painted her face.

The feeling in his chest was almost indescribable. He thought everything was perfect and the thought of her not liking what he had planned was enough to drive him insane.

"I love it so much. You didn't have to do all this, I'm so thankful." She looked up at him blissfully. Krucial returned that same look, his heart fluttering since she was happy.

Krucial pulled out her chair for her, glancing at the middle aged white couple that sat a few feet from them. He wanted to book the balcony all to themselves but they had set their reservation first so there was nothing he could do about that.

As Krucial sat down another waiter stepped up to their table. The man was dressed in white and black fancy attire, he looked as if he was on a date too.

"Bonjour, can I offer you guys our spécial broccoli soup as an apéritif?" The man spoke slowly, his French accent pleasantly rolling off of his tongue.

Krucial scrunched up his face at the sound of the treat, he hated vegetables so he knew that he wouldn't like it.

Brielle glanced at him, chuckling at his foolishness, "No thank you. He doesn't like veggies."

The waiter checked something off on his notepad while slowly nodding, "Ah I see! Are we drinking tonight? Can I offer our nicest champagne for the beautiful couple?"

"Yeah that would be great. Thank you." Krucial smiled lightly as he fiddled with the collar of his shirt. He wasn't used to being in that sort of attire so he was visible uncomfortable.

The waiter pulled a silver bucket from the bottom of his cart, placing it in the center of their circular table before shoving a champagne bottle in it.