"Finally, you're here."

Apollo

Ahmed called me in a rush, speaking so fast he barely made sense.

He said, "Can you run over to my place? There's an emergency at work and I have to fly to DC. I left Sybelle in a...compromising position and need your help."

I was already driving in the area so instead of taking a left toward downtown, I made a right to Ahmed's place. My fingers clenched on the steering wheel. "What do you mean compromising?"

Ahmed coughed. "Sorry I cannot explain now but this is really important. Thank you brotha." And then hangs up.

I shake my head as my mind races to think of all the possibilities. I thought of my brother's girlfriend, Sybelle, her big brown eyes, and smile. Lush, curly hair that surrounded her like a cloud.

I clenched my teeth as I pulled into a parking spot in front of the duplex. I locked my car, lunging forward to insert the key to let me inside.

The duplex was quiet as I entered. My brother's sleek and minimal furniture greeted me as I looked around.

"Are you serious?"

I snapped my head towards the stairs as Sybelle's voice broke through the silence. She was upstairs, probably in the bedroom.

"What took you so long, Ahmed?"

I flinched at my brother's name and steeled myself as I climbed the stairs. My feet felt heavier with each step.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice rang out.

I would have responded if my teeth were not clenched.

The master bedroom was at the end of the hallway. When I stood in front of the doorknob, I left out a deep breath. The white door stared back at me.

I turned the doorknob and entered the room.

And stopped in my place.

Sybelle Banks, my brother Ahmed's girlfriend was blinded folded, tied to the bed with what looked like a ribbon, and there was lingerie and sex toys surrounding her like a prayer circle.

"Finally," she groaned, "you're here."