41 - Hope and Courage

Depuis le début

My assailant took a step back, taken aback by my transformation. I smiled at the person who attacked me. "Good night lady" I greeted her. She has long hair with her pearl-colored hair that flowed back past her narrow shoulders. She have obsidian long horns spiraled up like an impala's. Her skin paler white and black eyes widened in surprise.

"You!" Said someone from a little distance away from me. I glanced over to where Ross was, when I saw she was dealing with a girl's long red sword.

The girl had long midnight blue hair, her red eyes that glowed in the dark stared intently and surprised at Ross.

Ross just smiled then said "We meet again Caera" Then Ross swung her sword forward and jumped back, standing beside me.

I removed my Aether sword, then looked at the two girls currently standing in front of me. After all, I don't want to hurt them, I just want to show them a little bit of my strength.

The pearl haired girl looked at me, studying my armor carefully, she then looked at me and narrowed her eyes. The blue haired girl was still shocked, standing beside her mentor with heavy breaths and trembling legs, she just stared at me and Ross alternately looked in disbelief.

"Thank you for coming and accepting our invitation, Lady Seris and Lady Caera" I said while bowing my body slightly. I removed my Aether's intent, then instantly Caera knelt down from exhaustion.

"I'm sorry for my impoliteness" I said while pointing my hand to the side, then activated my Godrune Creation, golden runes glowed around my body, then I conjured 4 thrones facing each other. The two chairs were separated a little distance from the other two chairs.

"Please have a seat Lady" I walked to one of the chairs while removing my Armor. Ross followed and sat down next to me, with Regis on my right.

Caera and Seris sat on their chairs without taking their eyes off the two of us. I stared at the two of them in silence.

"So you two who sent the letter?" Seris looked at me with her legs crossed and with a curious look. I still smiled then nodded "I've been watching you for a long time, and haven't had the chance to meet you, and regarding the letter, how do you know the code?" She added again.

With nodding I replied "Yes, that's right, we sent the letter through our spies on your continent. And regarding the code in the letter..." I was silent for a moment staring at Seris's face who was raising an eyebrow "The code I sent was a code that only my mentor can read it, and if you can read it, you know what it means, don't you, Lady Vera?"

My words made Seris's eyes widen for a moment, then she rearranged her expression and a gentle smile appeared on her lips "You? Grey?" Her tone even trembled at this moment.

I smiled "Yes, Lady Vera, it's me, we haven't seen each other for a long time" I said looking into her eyes.

(A/N: Honestly, I made this fic with the theory that Lady Vera reincarnated into Seris' body, although the last chapter on canon seems to show this theory is wrong, but I'll stick to this theory ok, so don't complain!)

My heart was pounding hard, meeting someone from my previous world made me nervous, especially since the last time my relationship with my mentor, Lady Vera was not good. All my senses were alert to what happened next. Will she accept me and cooperate with us, or will she become like Nico, turning against us.

A warm hand held my trembling hand, which was above my thigh, I glanced sideways and met Ross's gaze, she smiled at me, encouraging me, as if to say, it's okay.

Suddenly seris laughed really loud, I looked back at her with a surprised look. "Haha geez, for the sake of Vritra!" Seri wiped the tears from her eyes "I know when I saw your report from our spies, the way you fought, the way you used the sword, when reading the report, you reminded me of my protégé, and it turns out to be true, it's you Grey!" She said, shaking her head.