chapter five

Ignoring his friends' anxious calls and texts, Hyunjin left for college. He stayed the night at his own dorm and woke up with the same air of resoluteness he felt last night.

He freshened up for the day. Gulping a hasty breakfast he looked back at the empty room, thinking what Seungmin would've commented at his unhealthy meal. He decided that he'll find that out himself once he brings Seungmin back and then turned away to the door.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was clear that he wasn't going to classes for the purpose of studying, not like he would be able to, but to see if he can find someone to have been passing by and maybe, just maybe heard or seen something that night.

So he found himself spacing out more than often, choosing to either look out the window or at students' faces to see if he recognized anybody who wasn't just Seungmin, Jisung and Felix.

If his professor noticed his behavior, she did not comment on it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hyunjin was supposed to be at the cafeteria, surrounded by the numbers of students looking for lunch. But he took the opposite route, towards the library. One, he did not want to be seen by Han or Lix. Two, he would rather have some alone time to think.

Opening up one of the school laptops and taking out his notebook, Hyunjin jotted down the people Seungmin was related with.

Of course first they had the 00 liners and Chan. And then came Lee Daehwi, Kim Minji and Seo Changbin– all three a part of the student management committee. And, Hyunjin realized with a jolt, the entire student council themselves. Lee Siyeon and Kang Taehyun, who attend vocal lessons with him. The sweet and often confused freshman Jeongin. And then the friendly seniors Kim Wonpil and Brian.

Hyunjin stared hard at the paper that now roughly had around twenty names. After wringing his brain for more names, he decided these names were enough and started researching (or rather stalking) them to find what was their relationship with Seungmin and what they did on that evening.

Finding their best possible social media accounts, Hyunjin began to scroll through their posts and stories to find any clues.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Exhausted and back aching from bending over the bright screen, Hyunjin collapsed on his seat absent-mindedly registering that break was long over and it must be the late evening classes or tuitions for he no longer was alone in the library. Students all around him poured over books and assignments and for a moment or two, Hyunjin wondered how it must feel to be like them. He felt like he would give anything to chat with friends, gossip and live normally like them.

Nothing serious to worry about, apart from towering assignments and mentally draining subjects. Definitely not having their best friend's life on the line.

So far, Hyunjin's 'analyzing' of Seungmin's friend circle was not that bad as he thought. He did manage to find that some girl in the fashion department had a crush on Seungmin and planned to confess at that party. Naturally Seungmin had not reciprocated this feeling as he had rejected her and now she kept posting stories that her heart was broken and something like that.

He may have to check on her. He has his 'yandere crush' suspicions but he must admit that imagining Seungmin stuck somewhere with a psychopathic lover was amusing. Not to forget that Lee Siyeon, who competed with Seungmin at the cultural performances, jokingly and rather fiercely stated she'd be willing to fight back again as neither of them won– it was a tie.

He also found that Changbin wasn't much fond of Seungmin either, because of some fight over a milkshake. Hardly something you'd commit crime for, but Hyunjin knew college students too well. They would take all risks for a bit of thrill and 'revenge'.

He was going to get some rest and was about to end his 'case-study' before his phone dinged softly. Focusing on the notification, he found that the sports club president, Lee Juyeon added a post and tagged the entire dance department.

Rushing to the said post, he read the caption: "This guy didn't find the usual arts sophomore to bully and victimizes me instead, dance club please come and get your man TT"

It was a very blurry selfie of Juyeon and someone else just within view of the frame but he had hidden his face with a phone. A really, really recognizable phone with three cat stickers on its case.

Hyunjin gasped. Of course, how could he have forgotten Lee Minho, the (Seungmin's words not Hyunjin's) bane of their existence.