Veinte Seis

"Mama what's that in your hands? Are those medicine? Are you sick mama?" asked the child, makikita ang labis na pag-aalala sa kanyang musmos na mukha.

"Yes darling, this are medicine it'll help cure our sickness. I need it same as you so we both have to take it." sabi ng ginang sa apat na taong gulang na anak. Her face have lost its glow it's like all her youth was snatched away from her though she wasn't that old yet.

"But I don't feel sick mama, I'm fine." the child answered with confusion showing.

The mother held her to make her sit on her lap as she cupped her little adorable face. "You are so smart and beautiful darling, you look so much a lot like me. I love you so much. But this face can put the both of us in so much trouble. That's why we need this medicine okay? Mama is trying to save the both of us." she said explaining further.

"What about Daddy mama? He's not here pa po, diba dapat kasama din natin sya so that we'll all be safe?" ngumiti ang ginang sa sinabi ng anak, she hugged her like her life depends on the little one.

"Daddy is the one making us sick darling that's why he doesn't need the medicine. You love mama right? Diba sabi sa favourite mong palabas 'Mothers knows best'? So you must obey mama and take this medicine na and we can be together for ever." she said and held the other medicine to the younger one.

Hindi man maintindihan ang lahat ng sinabi nang ina nya ay minabuti na lang ng bata na tanggapin ang gamot dahil ito ang gusto ng ina. They both held each of the medicine on their mouth at sabay sinubo ito.

"Its too bitter mama I won't take this again next time." reklamo ng bata nang malunok na ito.

"Promise darling, you won't be able to take this again. I love you anak." sabi ng ginang habang nakapikit at hinahaplos ang buhok ng anak.

"I love you too mama." the child replied leaning much closer in the hug then closed her eyes also.

—---

NYX'S POV

"You're unusually quiet today Imogen, why is that?" I asked her as we sit here under the bleachers. I'm not comfortable by her not talking, wala na bang chismis sa school at napakatahimik nya ngayon?

"Ehh kasi naman Eli, I'm torn between telling you my new gathered chismis and keeping all of it to my self. Madami pa naman akong baon ngayon!" she tantrums. That made me glare at her, like gurl you've been telling me all the chismis here already what changed?

" Don't be ridiculous Imo and why won't you tell me???.. I'm all ears even for your most absurd chismis." I responded sounding so offended. I can even listen to her snoring and won't even budge.

"Bumaba na kasi ang trust rating ko sayo as a chismis listener… Remember nung monday? You said it out loud yung about kay Brianna diba sabi ko sayo atin-atin lang yun?" she glared at me too. The audacity of this idiot???

I sat up straight and cross my arms under my chest lightly asserting my dominance. Let me intimidated this cute person in front of me a little bit.

"Honey, that nuisance of a bitch was trying to degrade my ever so gorgeous self and you think I'll back down and let her do me just that?...I just gave her the taste of her own poison. Seriously Imogen? Do you want me to lose against her?" I asked her voice tainted with seriousness.

I watched as she gulped maybe from fear but my focus was solely on how her adam's apple moved, it's way too sexy that it made me lick my lower lip unconsciously.

Damn! she's supposed to be cute only not like this!

She moved her chair towards me so as to be close enough to gather some of my hair and tucked it on my ears.