Chapter 8 | An Idea

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." I started to put on the seatbelt but since my hands were trembling, I fumbled with it for some time.

He noticed my problem and shifting closer, leaned in making me pause completely, the belt dropping from my hand.

Instead, he grabbed it himself, by now his face was too close to me that I could hear him breathing softly. And if I leaned a little closer, my lips would touch the corner of his mouth easily but I removed that thought from my head before I could get any ideas.

He put on the seatbelt for me and when I thought he would shift back, he faced me completely, placing one of his palm on the window while the other resting on the headrest above me.

Leaning even more closer so that the tip of his nose brushed mine, he stared at me intensely. "Don't even think of uttering a word about Harlow to my parents. Understood?" Oh, he was refering to what happened this morning.

"Since they seem to love you so much, don't go on and tell them everything." He added.

They love me? I wouldn't be so sure of that. They hardly know me, why will they love me?

His eyes narrowed when I didn't say anything so I whispered softly, "I won't."

His lips curled up into a slight smirk and he put his lips near my ear, for a second his lips brushed my ear gently. Just for a second. "Good girl", he said in a whisper which sounded a little husky.

And all the blood in my body rushed south.

And then finally, he shifted back and revving the engine, drove away.

I sat like a statue the whole ride still comprehending what exactly happened. Is he doing all this deliberately? To trouble me?

"You want fast food or some proper food?"

Fast food will cost him much less than some proper food. And there's no way I am going to waste his money.

"Fast food."

Minutes later, we were at a MC Donald's drive thru and I told him my order making sure I didn't order anything much expensive.

Later, my mouth watered at the sight of the Mc spicy chicken burger and normal fries but I realised he didn't buy anything for himself.

Does he not eat burgers?

I felt bad to eat without offering him as he drove us back to his house. So I extended the box of fries towards him.

"D-do you want...some...?"

He eyed the fries and then me and then back at the road. "No."

Disappointed, I placed the fries back on my lap and picked up the burger instead. "Burger?"

"No", he said coldly.

"Are you not hungry?"

"No." He only gave me short answers but he added a few seconds later. "I had dinner already." With Harlow. I added in my mind.

"Oh..." And I silently ate my burger.

.
.
.

I knew today would be good cause the first thing I saw on opening my eyes was Sorin's beautiful face, sleeping peacefully.

Usually he sleeps with his back towards me but this morning, he faced me.

My fingers itched to touch his face and slowly lifting my hand I brought it up to his cheeks but before I could touch his cheeks I realised what I was doing and quickly retracted my arm.

What if he had woken up and saw me touching him? He would have thought that I was taking advantage of him and then he might never ever share a room with me.