Wiping off your tears, "i love you, my granddaughter, you were the best thing that has happened in my life." he whispered while kissing your forehead.

As you felt his cold lips, you sobbed and felt your heart aching once again.

"Smile for me."

But you couldn't, not when your grandfather is leaving again. the only thing you could do was cry as he faded away into nothing. "i love you too," you whispered.

"Brother it's been a week, you need to rest

"Brother it's been a week, you need to rest. i'm sure (Y/n) will be worried if she finds out you're not taking care of yourself," Ayaka said as she walked inside his bedroom.

Your body was lying on his bed while Ayato stayed with you all day, all week. he was worried that if he turn his back for a second, you will disappear from his life.

"I can't, not until she wakes up."

Frowning softly, Ayaka placed a tea tray, "here, i brought you some tea. if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me or Thoma."

Nodding thankfully, Ayaka left the room and let the couple be.

Ever since Diluc and Ayato found your body, you have been bedridden for a week. Diluc and Venti would sometimes visit you while Ayato stayed with you all day and night. he was becoming scared again, thinking you would leave him all alone again.

Sometimes he would take naps near your figure by laying his head on the bed as he sat on the chair near it. whispering to you about how the city was slowly coming back together. caressing your forehead and hand while reading a book.

"My love, you need to wake up soon," Ayato mumbled as he played with your fingers.

The only sound in the room was the heart monitor and the clock ticking time away

The only sound in the room was the heart monitor and the clock ticking time away. your soft breathing was the only sound Ayato could hear because he wants to focus on you, only you.

The day he cradled your bloody body to his, he sobbed while whispering everything will be alright. rocking you back and forth, he promised you and to himself that he will be there when you need him.

Sighing tiredly, Ayato closed his eyes to rest a bit, until he felt a finger twitch in his hand.

Quickly looking up, he sees your eyes fluttering open, revealing those beautiful hues that Ayato adores so much.

"Ayato?" you whispered in an raspy voice.

He didn't say anything, but embraced you carefully. his eyes start to tear up as he felt your hand on the back of his head. leaning against your chest, Ayato wet your shirt, "welcome back, my lady,"

Now crying with him, you embraced him back with much love, "i'm home."

"My lord, the Shogun and lady Miko is here

"My lord, the Shogun and lady Miko is here."

Ayato nodded and once the guard left, the said two women walked in. Yae Miko smiled as well as Ei. they're glad they could see you healthy as ever. though your wound is still recovering, you looked happier.

"L-Lady Miko and l-lady Ei?" you stuttered as you gazed at the two beautiful women that has walked in.

Ayato stood up, "i'll leave you all be." before he left, he pecked your forehead and quietly left his bedroom.

Yae Miko walked up, "it's good to see you smiling, lady (Y/n)." as she sat down on the edge of the bed. smiling widely, "thank you, i'm just glad Inazuma is coming together again."

You did feel and look happier. after your whole clan was gone and you being the only Kimura member left, you finally felt free. no more of this black sheep and bad luck type of things because you can genuinely be yourself.

Ei walked up to you and took your hand gently, "i believe this belongs to you."

Placing down a small box that has the Kimura crest on it, "h-how?"

"You are the last Kimura member of the Kimura clan and this necklace is for someone who can become the leader of the clan."

Opening the box, there was the necklace that has belonged on the Kimura clan for generations and generations.

"Thank you," looking back up at the two women with tears of joy

"Thank you," looking back up at the two women with tears of joy. "thank you so much!"

Ei shook her head, "we would thank you," truly they both felt grateful as they heard that you were the one that saved Inazuma. "without you, we don't know how many people we could have lost."

Then Yae Miko stood up and went next to Ei. both slowly bowed down to your sitting figure who is now shocked, "thank you, lady (Y/n)."

a/n: okay, but Ei and Yae thanking (Y/n) is so wholesome 😭💜 i love those three so much

(not edited)
4/27/22