7

It has been a week since (Y/n) had officially met Chiyo

It has been a week since (Y/n) had officially met Chiyo. she didn't know why, but she seemed way too nice. whenever Ayato was around, Chiyo acted as if she didn't exist, but when he isn't around, Chiyo holds back on saying something so backhanded.

Back in her room and turning the page, (Y/n) was reading a novel from this well known author from Liyue. his work was always so well written that (Y/n) just have to buy his whole series.

While being in her own reading world, she was interrupted by a loud knock from her room. closing the book and opening the door, it revealed a servant. the servant was a middle age woman who was told to look after (Y/n). she was a kind woman that doesn't talk much, just doing her own duty as a Kimura servant.

"My lady, your father has called for you."

She nodded and waved off the servant who bowed before leaving. Before (Y/n) left, she took a cup of water from the kitchen and watered the blue flowers that was still sitting by her bed.

Satisfied, the young lady left to go to the main estate. where most of her relatives reside in, including her parents and younger siblings.

Hoping to not bump into anyone, (Y/n) was unfortunately not listened by the universe.

"Well well, look who it is."

Looking up from her shoes, (Y/n) could see her older cousins walking towards her. luckily it was only two of her cousins, and not her 10+ cousins.

Lady Mei, one of the beauty of the Kiruma clan who can master in swordsmanship and pottery. she was once of the potential noble lady to be Ayato's wife. and despite her angel like appearance, her personality itself was a snake. she gets what she wants and doesn't matter if it ruins everyone else's image.

Then there was lady Rin, the one that doesn't care about anything. she's skillful in archery and sewing. she can easily make any custom made kimono for her family or customers. her personality is the type that doesn't care about anything except being a high status noble and money.

"The little black sheep," Mei mocked while smirking at (Y/n)'s form. "i haven't seen you for awhile, what have you been up to, little cousin? out in the wild with the boars?" Mei then could only start giggling at her one joke.

"Seems like the lord might have called you. did he finally realize that you don't belong here?" Rin said monotonously while patting on Mei's back who finally calmed down from her laughter.

"I actually don't know why he has called me." (Y/n) mumbled while fiddling with her fingers.

"Hopefully it's finally kicking you out of the clan," Mei said while walking up to her. hastily grabbing (Y/n)'s collar and leaning towards her ear, "after all, you're the reason why this clan has a bad reputation."

Pushing (Y/n) harshly to the ground, Mei and Rin both left, leaving the young lady on the ground. sighing, (Y/n) stood up and dust off any dirty from her dress.

It's fine. she's okay. (Y/n) was already use to this treatment since she was young, so no big deal.

Finally making to her father's office, (Y/n) softly knocked, letting him know she was here.

"Come in."

Sliding the shoji door open, (Y/n) closed it once she stepped inside the office. it was fairly similar like Ayato's, but the only difference was that there were a few family photos around the room and of course (Y/n) wasn't part of them.

"You had asked for me?" (Y/n) asked while avoiding eye contact with her father's piercing eyes.

"Yes, i did. i am here to talk to you about something important that involves you.

Nervously looking up, (Y/n) could feel her heart quicken from her father's stern gaze. this just tells her it's serious and she must obey.

"You know the Kamisato lord, right?" her breath hitched from Ayato being mention in this conversation. smirking at her daughter's flinch, "it's quite obvious you harbor some deep feelings for him, no? i don't blame you, he's quite a gentleman. an ideal man i would say."

Noticing the silence, he continued on, "it's only a matter of time until he has to marry someone, for the sake of the clan. ever since the Kamisato clan is slowly coming back, lord Ayato must have noticed that he needs a companion. someone that needs to be his moral support and someone that isn't you."

Biting her lip, (Y/n) was about to open her mouth to say something back only to cower in fear, "don't give me that look, (Y/n). you should know by now what's your status in this clan. do you really think lord Ayato would choose you?"

"A mere girl that only reads and cooks all day? you're someone that can't even fight, even a 10 year old can hold a sword better than you."

Moving her eyes back down, she listen to her father's every words.

"What i'm trying to tell you is to stop. stop seeing him, stop talking to him, and stop visiting the Kamisato estate. quit being in your little dream and wake up. lord Ayato will most likely marry to lady Chiyo, if not then your cousin lady Mei."

Tears could now only roll down her cheeks silently as she let her father talk down on her

Tears could now only roll down her cheeks silently as she let her father talk down on her. who knew that her own father would do this. sure she knew that he probably disliked her, but accepting it was painful as it is.

Growing up, (Y/n) never really felt loved. the kind of love that makes your heart feel warm, your whole face being brighter, and your whole day happier.

Now hearing to accept reality that Ayato deserves better feels painful. the unrequited love that can never be felt back. learning the truth from someone else, especially your own father makes you feel like your whole world is crashing down.

"I don't want you interrupting his love life and i don't trust you, which is why, i am sending you off. i have already paid off the housing and food, all you need to do is leave."

"W-Where will i be going?" (Y/n) whispered in shock.

"You're moving to Mondstadt. a businessman i'm acquainted of will greet you there. you will leave in a week, and i don't want you telling anyone. got it?"

No way. mondstadt? that's even further than Liyue and knowing she can't tell Ayato, breaks her. will he be angry or sad once he realizes she's not here anymore? just thinking about not seeing him anymore feels unreal.

Nodding silently, (Y/n) could feel her father's satisfaction as he hummed in approval. "you will be leaving next week, so pack up your things soon."

And before the young lady could leave, she asked a question that has been forming in her head for years.

"Father, have you ever loved me?"

Without hesitation, "i did, but not anymore."

a/n: 👩🏻‍💻 i am quite enjoying writing (Y/n)'s suffering right now.

(not editing)
4/18/22