24

(i highly recommend playing this while reading)

Love.

Such a wonderful and cruel word in this damn world. it can either be the most powerful feeling or the most heart wrenching thing to ever feel. some people want to feel loved while others want to love them, but they can't because you can't choose who you can love.

The feeling comes from yourself, not from your friends or family, but you. you can only control who you choose to love, and if you love that person, then so be it.

As of right now, the rain has stopped momentarily, but it's still wet and cold outside. most people of Inazuma still stayed indoor and enjoyed their hot warm tea. but Diluc? he's frantically looking around for you.

Wondering where you could be in this cold and worried you might get a cold, Diluc could only looked around the wet city, hoping to find you quickly.

His mind wasn't thinking because the only thing in his mind was you.

Where are you? why didn't you come home with Venti? why did that bard leave you all alone? Diluc knows very well you can get lonely so he's worried, so damn worried.

Not only was he worried, but for the first time, he's scared. he hasn't felt or act like this to anyone, until you came to his life like an angel in disguise.

In his eyes, you were an angel that had came to bless him with your sweet smile and kind soul. and if Diluc would call you an angel, he would be the devil, because god knows that this love would be forbidden.

When was the last time Diluc was genuinely happy? was it when his passed father praised him or the time he had a playful fight with his brother?

After his father had unfortunately passed away, Diluc had lost all his senses in love. his heart could only open up for a few people, but they don't know his true self.

Only you.

You were there for him when he pushed you away, you were there when he felt all alone in his cold office, and you were there making sure he's well fed and hydrated.

If Diluc had a chance, he would give you everything because that's what love can do to you, the most unspeakable things. it can make you weak, broken, happy, anything. at first, Diluc started to deny his own feelings, but as time pass by and he keeps looking at you, he knows.

He knows why his chest ached and fluttered whenever he looked at your breathtaking form.

'Please'

The thing that connected the both of you was the relation you both had. you both felt lonely in your own cold world and you both could only hoped in finding a home because you both suffered from not feeling love, but a feeling between betrayal or loneliness.

'Please'

He remembers the day you first came to Mondstaft, like it was just yesterday. your curious eyes looking around the winery and your nervous figure gazing at him. who knew Diluc could be so wrong about you, thinking you're just another spoiled noble woman.