- 2 -

A/N - The Private, Barlowe, is made up! I didn't want Lia to dog on any of the precious men from Easy so I added him in for the scene. 

Lia Creed walked through the sea of bustling men. Each time a soldier passed, he nearly tripped over his own to feet to check if her were seeing things right. She fought the urge to scoff as she shifted her M1 position across her body. 

Not even the men in Vitale were this outwardly shocked at the sight of a woman in a uniform at the training camp. They were a little wary when she and Piper were brought into their training, but quickly overcame that upon seeing their sheer strength and determination. 

 She kept her face passive as she canvassed through, her eyes raking over each man, listening in on each conversation. She needed to see who to keep Piper away from. 

Piper had always been her number one priority. The pair survived the German operation together, came into this war together, and she'd be dammed if they didn't come out of it together. Granted she didn't even want Piper behind enemy lines at all, but she didn't make decisions for the fiery blonde.

Lia's companion wasn't as guarded as herself. More so, they were complete opposites. 

Piper was bright and cheerful no matter the situation. She was haunted by what they had been through, but Lia always believed Piper were the stronger one of the two in being able to control  that pain and still spread joy. The younger girl always brought down sunshine on each man in their company, producing smiles even in the hardest of times. She made friends quickly and when the two came into Vitale, Piper quickly got along with the men in the group. 

Lia wasn't so quick to do the same. She was guarded, careful, and smiles on her face were rare. The cheeriness in Piper's eyes were vacant in Lia's, and were instead cold; dark. 

Lia and Piper had both gone through the same horrors prior to being recruited into the army, but Lia's soul had been through more torture. It had been broken repeatedly without anyone by her side. When Piper had been brought into the operation, she had Lia to get her through it and keep that ever so bright light shining. 

She had formed a tight bond between herself and the men in Vitale in a different way; through war. The men knew she was quick with smart decisions through their years together in battle. They knew she was tough, and she would never leave them behind.  

The lieutenant walked around aimlessly, wandering in and out of the steady stream of soldiers. Not one dared to speak to her. She held a look on her face that turned people away, one she utilized on purpose. 

She wasn't here to make friends. She was here to lead men. To keep them safe, to keep them alive. To win the war. Friends jeopardized her mission. 

"Creed!" A familiar voice pierced the air. Bailey stood a short distance away in front of a tent, motioning his arm to follow along. 

The tent bustled with men filtering in and out. Each glanced curiously at the new woman entering the space with dirt and grime staining her clothes and face. Captain Bailey pulled her over to a small table that held a map. Lieutenant Winters, whom she had met earlier, stood on one side surrounded by a small group of men. He glanced up and smiled at Lia as she approached. 

Lia stoped next to Piper, watching the plan unfold. The lieutenant soaked in all of the information, watching the placement of trenches and guns that Winters marked out on the paper. Taking these guns should be easy. 

Winters quickly finished assigning each member their places. "I have some news for you all as well. Some people I'd like you to meet." 

The men around the table followed Winters' gaze behind them. Their eyes latched onto the two women clad in an army uniform.