Caught

You had gone straight up to your room and hid from the wrath of your parents. It was only at dinner time that your judgement began. "Did you have a good day at school (Y/N)?" Malcom asked casually, and you gulped lightly before pursing your lips in a forced smile. You stayed silent but nodded, and your dad seemed satisfied with your answer. But your mother did not seem impressed by your actions and how you wouldn't admit to them. "Well (Y/N)? Are you going to tell your father who I caught you with, or do I have to?" Sandra said cockily, and you shrank in your seat. "Oh for the love of God...let me guess. That bloody boy. Again." Your dad sighed in irritation, dropping his cutlery onto his plate loudly. You flinched slightly and looked into your lap. "Again?" Your mother asked your dad, and your dad rolled his eyes and looked between you and your mother. And this was the time he chose to bring up how he had seen you cuddled up together yesterday. "Yesterday, I walked down the garden path and saw her and him canoodling on my doorstep." Your dad said critically, and your mother gaped at you before scoffing in disbelief. "Unbelievable! You know what we think about Simon Le Bon!" Sandra shrieked again, and your blood boiled in a mix of anger and embarrassment.

"And what about what I think about him?" You snapped back, and your parents both glared at you in disbelief. How dare you, they thought. "Oh don't make me laugh." Your mum scoffed, and that reaction only angered you more. They couldn't dictate how you felt, and they didn't even bother to ask how you felt. "He is no good (Y/N). If I see you with him again I will have his head." Malcolm threatened, pointing at you and leaning forward towards you. "Hmmm..." Maggie piped up, her mere hum getting your parents attention. And they guessed correctly that her interruption had something to do with the conversation. "What?" You snapped, and Maggie looked up at you with an evil little smirk on her round face. "Don't speak to your sister like that. What is it Mags?" Your dad asked. Maggie gave you one more smug look before turning to your parents innocently, leaving you to brace yourself for the impact she was about to have. "I saw (Y/N) snogging him." She declared incredulously, and the whole room froze. Your parents radiated anger, and you couldn't even look at them. "Right." Malcolm said finally, slamming his hands down onto the kitchen table and shocking you. You looked up at him, and he looked disgusted, and angry and the expression worried you. This would not improve Simon's reputation.

"I'm going round." Your dad said, and your brow furrowed deeply in concern. He didn't mean... "Dad, no, I didn't, I didn't kiss him. I swear I didn't." You rushed out urgently, and your wide eyes darting between your parents. "Yes you did, I saw you!" Maggie insisted, and you glared at her. "No, I didn't!" You snapped, sending your sister daggers with your eyes. Why would she say that? It wasn't even true, you didn't kiss Simon, you nearly did, but you didn't. "Did he try to have his way with you?" Your mother asked seriously, and ordinarily you would've scoffed. "No! He wouldn't, Simon's not like that!" You defended, but your mother shook her head. All boys were like that, she thought. "Dad, please, we didn't, he didn't kiss me." You tried again, and your dad seemed to have abandoned the idea of going next door. He just seemed resentful. "You are not to see Simon Le Bon again. Do you understand?" Your dad gave a final, serious threat, pointing his finger at you again as you nodded meekly. You could hardly disagree with him, but you knew you couldn't stop seeing Simon. You finished the meal in silence and returned to your bedroom for some alone time while your resentful family remained in the living room.

The next night, after spending the entire Saturday with your family, you finally had some alone time to doll yourself up in preparation for going out. You hadn't told your parents about your plans, firstly because they never let you go out later than 7pm, and secondly you had promised not to see Simon. But it would be easy enough to slip out of the house for a few hours and return just as silently. You checked your watch, then giving yourself a final once over, before stepping outside your room and quietly descending the stairs. With no attention being drawn you became certain you would be able to get away with it, but Mick was sat at the kitchen table with his dinner after just returning from his evening shift at the factory. He looked at you, and you looked back with wide eyes, and he frowned deeply. "Where are you sneaking off to?" Mick asked slowly, not speaking too loudly so that your parents couldn't overhear. They had filled him in about the previous night's incident, so he knew you weren't supposed to see the boy next-door, and since you were trying to leave so carefully he surmised you were breaking that very rule.

"I'm, I was invited out." You said quietly, gripping the edge of your jacket nervously and bouncing slightly on your feet. You really didn't want anymore members of your family finding out about your plan. "By who?" Mick pressed, raising a knowing eyebrow at you as you held your breath. "Ermm...by Simon. And a few of his friends too." You admitted, and Mick sighed whilst rubbing his head. "(Y/N), don't do this. Not tonight, it's too soon after the argument. You need to be really careful." Your brother sighed, and you could tell he was only trying to help you. You frowned, but you agreed with him. "I know...I know." You sighed back, feeling deflated and disappointed, but you did understand. You silently turned on your heel and went back up the stairs to hide again in your bedroom. You pulled your clothes off and slid into your pajamas instead, sitting in bed with a book and trying to content yourself with that. You would see Simon on Monday anyway. Your mind was nearly fully occupied by the book in your hands when a light clinking sound came from your window. You smiled sadly to yourself before hauling your tired body out of your bed, all while the clinking sound continued.