We're Pregnant

You finally scooted along the bench and into his side, and you wrapped your arms around him to push your face into his shirt. Simon's arms automatically wrapped around you and held you against him, and both of you silently digested the information. You were only 17, could you have a baby at 17? Where would you live, what would your parents think, what would they do? "(Y/N)...do you want this?" Simon asked tentatively. And that was another question. Did you want this? You didn't know, you were 17, he was 17, it was bad timing, but you weren't angry. "I think I do..." You whispered, and you felt Simon sigh as his chest moved and his arms tightened around you. "Do your parents know?" He asked, and you shook your head. "You're the only person. And I don't know how to tell them...they're going to hate me." You mumbled, rubbing your hands up and down Simon's back slowly and absentmindedly. "Do we need to go to the doctors? Check you're okay?" Simon suggested, and your heart melted ever so slightly at his question. He didn't mention how much trouble you would both be in, how much he was risking by staying with you. He had risked more by being with you in the first place, he figured.

"I...I don't know. I just don't...this is too much." You whimpered, and Simon heard the sob before it had even left your mouth and cuddled you tighter. Your tears dropped onto his shirt and left little wet patches, and your hands clawed at his back in order to push your face further into his chest so you could hide your shame. "Oh darling...(Y/N) we can do this." Simon cooed, cradling your head with one hand and stroking your hair comfortingly and rubbing your arm with the other. He hushed your sobs and rocked you very gently, and after a few minutes your shoulders stopped shaking and your ragged breathing returned to normal. Well, as normal as possible. "Come on. Give me a kiss." Simon sighed, peeling you away from him and looking into your wide, red eyes. You weren't sure whether to obey, kissing had landed you in this trouble anyway, and surely Simon didn't think a kiss would solve any problems. You quickly kissed his lips, before hugging him again and clinging onto him like a koala. "We'll be alright. We'll be fine." He hummed, and you really needed his words, although you struggled to fully trust them. Things would not be okay, and both of you knew that.

But, you knew you had the support of your grandmother. Well, she said she supported you and Simon, you weren't sure she would support you, Simon and your baby. You left your quiet spot on the bench and Simon followed your lead to your grandmothers home. He had his arms around you, one over your shoulders and the other around your front, and you were clinging onto him by the waist. It was a futile attempt to feel secure and safe, but it was making you feel better. Being together reminded you that you had each other, even if your situation was far from perfect. You reached the front door, and you stood side by side, hand in hand nervously. "Will she help?" Simon asked, squeezing your hand tightly and looking at the painted wooden door in worry. "I don't know. I hope so." You mumbled quietly, shuffling from one foot to the other apprehensively. You didn't know if you felt sick from the baby or the worry, but it was helping having Simon's warm fingers locked with yours. You didn't know what you would've done if he had reacted differently and not accepted responsibility, but that didn't matter because he was taking responsibility. The door was finally opened, and your granny smiled warmly at the both of you, but her eyes seemed to fill with worry as she looked at your grey faces.

"Good afternoon lovelies. What brings you to me on a sunny afternoon?" Joyce greeted wholeheartedly, but neither of your reciprocated her cheery smile. You physically couldn't, you felt sick and like you were going to cry, and Simon was just as upset and worried. "We... Granny we've done something. And we don't know what to do." You said quietly, your bottom lip trembling as you looked at her wide concerned eyes. You felt tears well in the bottom of your eyes, and your hand gripped onto Simon's tightly. "It can't be all that bad my love." Your grandmother cooed, and you choked out a sob suddenly. You wished she wasn't so kind, it would only highlight her disappointment later on. You covered your mouth as you began to cry, and Simon released your hand so he could wrap an arm around you to pull you against him in a comforting hug. Joyce frowned deeply, utterly confused by the situation. "Simon love, bring her inside." Your granny sighed, and Simon looked at her with heavy, upset eyes. He looked back at you, and tears were still rolling down your cheeks and your face was pressed into his shirt, your arm wrapped around his waist. "(Y/N)'s pregnant." Simon sort of blurted out, and you shook your head in despair as your granny stared for a second in shock. Pregnant?

At least your gran didn't slam the door in your face, you thought, as you sat on her couch sniffling and wiping your cheeks while Simon rubbed your back. He was staring at the side of your face to make sure you were okay, and his palm made gentle circular movements on your back. "How do you feel?" He asked quietly, and you gulped thickly and nodded. Your hand rested on his knee and his free hand was covering it, and his fingers tightened over yours supportively. "Better." You hummed, looking into his blue eyes and resting your head on his shoulder. "Okay sweeties, tea and biscuits." Your granny chimed as she entered the room with a little tray of hot tea, that was so appreciated. "Thank you gran." You smiled slightly at her, and she gave you a sympathetic look. She set the tray down on the coffee table, she didn't want to interrupt your physical situation with Simon which was obviously working to make you feel better. "Thank you Mrs (Y/L/N)." Simon said quickly, and your granny smiled at him as she sat down on her armchair opposite you. "Oh, Simon love, there's no need for that. I think you'd better call me gran too." Joyce sighed, sending the young man a kind wink as he smiled slightly.

"(Y/N) my darling, how do you know you're pregnant?" She asked after a few moments, and you took your head out of the crook of Simon's neck to look at your belly. There was really nothing to look at, but there was a baby in there, you just knew. "I've been sick." You sniffed, not sure what she wanted to hear. "That doesn't mean you're in the family way." Your grandmother said hopefully, but you looked at Simon and he looked at you, and your grandmother saw the ashamed look exchanged. She let out a long quiet sigh, realising why you were so worried about being pregnant. That was when she became almost loathing, and she lost a little sympathy for you because you should've known what happens when you have sex with a boy without being careful. Babies, that's what happens. "Oh (Y/N). How long have you been...sleeping together?" She asked hesitantly. She didn't really want to know about your love life, not in that detail, but she had to know how far along you could be. "Few weeks... maybe two months." You said shamefully, and Simon looked at his knees in guilt. "Gosh...well you haven't got long if you're that far along." She said after a few moments, and you began to panic.

"Simon, you're taking responsibility. And that's not a question love, you will stand by my granddaughter because it is your child." Your granny added, pointing accusingly at Simon, although her warning wasn't malicious, it was just concerned. Simon nodded up and down quickly in understanding, and you felt a small twinge of pride because he had shown your granny that he was responsible and a good man. "We need to get you to the doctors. Check how far along you are." Joyce muttered, and you and Simon both nodded. "I don't know what your parents are going to say." She grumbled, and that was really what was on your mind. They would kick you out when they found out you were pregnant. They would kick you out anyway if they found out Simon had been sneaking in and doing what he had been doing with you. "I know." You whispered. Simon took your hand in both of his and laced his fingers with yours, and you looked across at him. There really was nothing to say, you just had to talk to each other, and then your parents, and figure out what to do.