Chapter Two | A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

"How are you, love?" Kristen opens the door, making room for me to get inside.

"Tired. Where's Felix?" I bend down, kiss her on the cheek, and then close the door behind us.

"He's there with Mia and a g–"

"You're finally here, you bastard!" Felix shouts at me over the music, and Mia turns her head very quickly and then rolls her eyes when a smile appears on her face when she sees me and Felix grabs me into a hug, slapping each other on our backs.

"Sorry I was late. I had something to do after work." I grin, wink at Felix, and then give him the bottle of wine. "As a peace offering because I was late." I look at Mia and move uncomfortably from one foot to the other. I know exes shouldn't see each other after they break up, but it's a bit complicated when we have mutual friends. Besides, I promised Destiny and Kristen that I'd be civilized whenever she came to hang out with the boys and me.

"Hi ..." She almost whispers as she smiles shyly at me. 

"Hi." I bend down and kiss her on the cheek –so much for being friendly, right?– then look at the girl beside her, raising an eyebrow. "Who is she?" I look at Felix, giving him a look, and he raises his hands defensively.

"She's Mia's co-worker." He looks at me and then again at her, and I do the same thing and extend my hand, trying my best to smile. "Hero, nice to meet you. I hope this idiot hasn't scared you off yet."

She looks at me, widens her eyes when she hears my name, and then blinks all over as if she saw a ghost, which didn't surprise me. If she is her, then she saw a ghost.

"Josephine, are you okay? You look a little pale." Mia grabs her hand and looks at her, worried. –Since when does Mia give a fuck about what other girls are feeling? If she knew... God, if she knew, the poor girl would be thrown against the wall.– Josephine nods and smiles, assuring her she's okay.

"Felix, can you please get her a glass of water? I think it's because of the smoke." Mia instructs Felix on what to do while we look at her.

"No, no! I'm fine. Please don't bother. I'll go and have a glass of water on my own. You're the host." She tries to reason with him, but he shakes his head. Thank God, mother fucker.

"You're the guest. Wait here." He hits me on the shoulder, and we both make our way to the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen and go straight to the sink, washing my face and hands, trying to calm down and not have a panic attack. How the hell is it possible for her to be here in London? –No– How is it possible for her to be here? In Felix's apartment with my ex-girlfriend, who both seem to be co-workers. How the fuck is that possible? Only such a thing could have happened to me. 

"Hero, listen, bro, I didn't know she was well–her. Mia just now introduced her to me." He slaps me on the back, trying to calm my nerves, but it annoys me more. I take a few steps through the kitchen and grab the roots and put my hands in my hair.