7

The walk back to Peter's room was silent. It only made the boy worry even more. What if this made Tony hate him? He was hopeful that his life was finally going right, and now he's blown it.

Once they got to the bedroom, Peter walked in first and then Tony. The man shut the door behind him and Peter let out a deep breath before facing him.

"There's a reason why you healed so quickly." Tony said, as more of a statement than a question. Peter hesitated before nodding.

"Alright...okay." Tony sighed, he didn't know how to handle this situation. "Are you able to...tell me?"

Peter stood still and silent. Tony walked closer to him.

"Please, kid. You can tell me. You can talk to me." The man pleaded Peter. The boy bit his lower lip to prevent the tears and the panic, which was the only response he gave.

Tony stepped back a bit, realizing he's not going to talk. He looks around and opens up one of the drawers in the room, full of paper. He grabs a few and then grabs a pen.

He walks back over to the boy and places them on the bedside table. Peter looks at them before letting out a shaky breath.

"Now will you tell me?" Tony asks. Peter looks back at him, and then back at the paper. It takes him a while, but he finally walks over to them and starts writing.

'Promise me you won't send me away to another bad place' He wrote. Tony looked at the piece of paper, and his expression softened.

"I would never, kid. I promise."

'And promise me you won't treat me any differently'

Tony stared at the paper. "Okay, you're starting to freak me out a little bit...but alright. I promise."

Peter sighed and started writing again.

'They took me because I'm different'

Tony frowned and slowly made his way over to the bed, sitting down next to Peter. "You're different? How?"

The boy let out an irritated sigh before writing again, which made Tony smirk a little bit.

'Something happened to me when I was 9' Tony didn't say anything, he just let Peter keep on writing while he stared at the words with interest.

'I went on a trip with my school to Oscorp, and I got bit by one of their radioactive spiders' Tony scoffed as he read the word 'Oscorp', but that was soon forgotten when he read the next sentence. Peter started writing again before Tony could say anything.

'The spider gave me special abilities and I guess those bad people found out about it somehow, so they took me and did experiments on me' Peter's hand was shaking as he wrote about his experience in HYDRA, so he stopped writing. Tony finally realized he had a voice and looked back at Peter.

"That's...a lot. So, you went on a trip, you got bit by a weird spider, and now you have...superpowers?" Tony said, as if he didn't believe it. It sounded like a book that the kid wrote when he was 9. Peter shrugged with a nod. Tony scoffed, which turned into a laugh.

"Okay, like what? What abilities do you have? I know about the healing already, but what are the others?" Tony asked with a smile. Peter glared at him, the man was making fun of him.

Peter rolled up his sleeve and immediately shot a web at the wall opposite them. It was a quick movement, but Tony was able to catch it, and his jaw dropped. He stared at the spiderweb that was now clinging next to the door before he slowly turned his head back to the boy.

Peter had a smug smile on his face, but Tony just stared at his wrist. He picked it up carefully and inspected it

"Oh my god...there's actually holes in your wrist! And webs come out of them?!" He exclaimed as he brushed his thumbs over the slits in Peter's wrist. He looked at the boy's other hand (which was hard considering it was in a sling), and that wrist had holes too.

"Is..is there anything else?" Tony asked, still mesmerized by his wrists. The boy sighed and stood up and glanced at the ceiling as Tony watched in confusion and anticipation.

Peter stared at the ceiling for a while before he finally crouched into a jumping position and launched himself upwards. He placed his hand on the ceiling, and it stuck.

Tony watched him, mouth wide open. He slowly stood up off the bed and made his way towards the boy that was hanging by his hand. No words came out of the man's mouth.

Peter swung his feet towards the ceiling as well, and they attached just like his hand did. He couldn't attach his other hand because it was in a sling, but he could still crawl around. Once he finally had enough, he jumped back down to a shell shocked Tony Stark.

"Oh my god." Tony whispered, mesmerized by the boy. Peter suddenly looked nervous and scared as he stared at his feet.

"That's why they took you? They experimented on you because of your powers...but how did they even find out about them in the first place?" Tony asked, although he was more talking to himself. Peter shrugged and sat back down on the bed.

"I swear, I will never do anything like that to you. Ever. You're safe here. Okay?" Tony said as he crouched down to Peter's level. The boy just stared at him.

"I still want to find out how they knew about you, and what their plans were. But don't worry, you won't be involved whatsoever." Tony reassured.

Peter didn't know how HYDRA found out about his powers. But he did know what they were intending on doing. But for some reason, he didn't tell Tony.

"His time was 1 hour and 36 minutes. He could probably go for longer if he had some food in his system."

"That won't be a problem. Get up Vex, we're not finished with you yet."

Peter shook the thoughts away.