Prologue

Key: 

Thinking, and the intro to each chapter

"Speaking"

Narration

Authors note

POV

Time skip

    The day was a quiet one, so peaceful. Indigo was eating breakfast in her den when suddenly, she smelled an amolis nearby. She became cautious, but wanted to know why there was such a rare creature. She decided to go out of the cave to confront them.

    "Hello? Amolis?" I was calling out for the strange creature. It was definitely nearby, but I couldn't quite see it.. "AH-" "Hello! Is this Indigo I'm speaking to?" I froze, confused. How does it know my name? I'll ask that.

    "How do you know my name?" It gave a lighthearted chuckle. "Well, you're in my most recent prophecy!" Strange, this must be some kind of trick. "You must be joking. Me? Prophecy? HA! All I do is sit in my house all day, and occasionally defend myself from attacks." It shook its head. "Just hear it, alright?" I sighed, and nodded. "Alright." 

    "Ahem."

    "After 10 years of ice and fear,

    A young prophet will rise

    She will stop the blood, the gore

    And everyone's demise

    She must help them realize

    The fighting will never end

    Unless they all take a stand

    And let the wounds mend"

    There was a long silence as I processed this. "How do you know it's me who needs to do this?" "It's kind of a feeling creatures with the power of prophecy have, they'll know just enough about the prophet to find them." Interesting. "Alright, what do I do? What does any of this mean?" She looked confused. "You don't know anything about the Great War?" I shook my head.

    "Alright, I only know this because of the feeling I mentioned before. Basically for 10 years there has been a war raging on between the Icicle Pack and the River Pack, and it seems like unless someone steps in the fighting will last forever. I don't know any more though, that's all my magic gave me. Sorry." "That's fine, thank you. Do you know where I need to go first?" 

    "I think you'll need to go around and find more rukig with enough info to help. I'd personally say find one from each pack, alone, and ask about the war." "Okay. Thanks again, I'll probably be going now. What is your name?" "My name is Starjumper." 

    I smiled. I hadn't talked to anyone in a long time, so this was a nice change of pace. Sure, I now have to stop a war that possibly hundreds of full grown people couldn't handle, but it's better than doing nothing all day. "Bye!" 

    I started onward.

Woo, this sure was a chapter. It was a bit short, but I'll hopefully be able to work on longer ones in the future once I actually get started. Alright, thank you for reading. Bye!