Chapter Thirteen- The End of the Begining

Crystal's POV *

Lachlan had yelled for us come down stairs. I did so because he rarely called us down there unless it was important. I ran down stairs, hoping that I wasn't in trouble. My siblings and I stopped at the bottom step, I was told to stand with Mitch, Jolene was told to stand with Preston, and James was told to stand beside of Lachlan. I stood there between Mitch and Jerome, Mitch wrapped his arm around my waist, I became extremely nervous as he did that. Lachlan handed a price of paper to each kid, making sure James was last. I looked at the paper, it read," Congratulations, for you have adopted the child of Crystal, Mitchell Hughes, and Jerome Aceti." I looked at them to make sure this wasn't another prank, for they did them way too often. They nodded and I hugged their necks to death.

However, James was not that happy. He ran upstairs to his room and locked the door. Lachlan ran after him, as Jolene sat on Preston's lap. Vikk hurried after Lachlan, as to my surprise, Vikk busted through James' door, not Lachlan. I was curious to see why James was mad, so I hid behind the broken down door. I listened to his story, as Lachlan had asked him to explain why he was crying the other night.
(J- James , L- Lachlan, V- Vikk)
J- 'sigh' I guess I would have to explain this at some point.
L- Well what are you waiting for?
J- 'wooh' ok , when I was in the 3rd grade... I had a lover, his name was... was Dakota....
L+V- go on
J- I was in the third grade when mom and dad died.... I had to move to a new state in order to be fostered... I..I loved him but we couldn't be together..'sob,sob'.
L- Well, 'hugs James' is that why you were crying, because all the love everybody has that you couldn't hold on to?
J- yes, and no...'sniffle' I was crying because I...I cut myself.....twice, once for my feelings, another for remembering. 'sniffle, sob'.
L+V-'hugs James for a long time'

I began to tear up, as I ran down stairs, I knew my brother cut, but I didn't know why.