Infatuation [beta]

[Longing] beta chapter.

Recently, Hiyori has been feeling conflicted. If you asked, though, what kind of conflict it was, she would answer "I don't know," as she's unsure herself.

She sat down on the park's bench, furrowing her eyebrows.

What is this feeling? Her chest tightened, her emotions running wild whenever she thought of him.

Again, though, it wasn't that simple. It wasn't the thought of him that made her chest ache, but rather, Hiyori felt that he had another... another girl he could go out with, or rather, they might already be going out.

Her intuition told her.

The sun was going down, evening quickly setting in. But Hiyori didn't feel like going back to her room... really leaving this lonesome place.

I suppose it's not really my business. But then again, is it? Should I—Could I confirm it? Wouldn't he think I was a prying girl? An annoying one, even?

Her thoughts won out. Her eyes felt moist. She was hurt.

What's the point, though? Hiyori countered her own thoughts. I mean... it's simply infatuation, I could find... maybe not.

Again, she let her emotions win, not even trying to imagine herself falling for another man.

"Is it really that hard?" Hiyori thought out loud.

I guess it is. I mean, I only felt it now, since my 16 years of life, this is a first.
I'm hurt I know, but I could probably grin and wish them well. Probably.

Hiyori forced herself to imagine. If that time came, she knew she could smile and wish them their blessings.

"Probably. Probably..." Without meaning to, the rain that was her tears fell. No matter how hard she tried to wipe it off, again, and again, and again; it kept coming. Like a flood, it seemed, she knew for a while and just convinced herself otherwise.

It's fine. She told herself repeatedly.

"I'm fine." I'm not.

She was not.