He never met him, only during the test was he introduced. What has him on edge is that he was on Y/n's team.

Seeing how strong Y/n had become and how dangerous he can be when triggered. It made him more aware and open to thinking that Haku is the same.

"I don't want to harm you as I can tell you're good friends with Y/n. Please surrender." Haku didn't want to hurt someone if it would leave Y/n feeling hurt.

Even if he wouldn't like the idea, he would still want Y/n to feel happy.

"Sorry, but I'm not going down. Someone is watching and I can't be seen as weak." Ino smirked as he get into a stance. 

Haku sighed as he also got into his fighting stance. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, but he will if he must.

"Now...begin."

Ino throws his shurikens at Haku as he charges using a Clone Jutsu. Haku remains in his stance.

When the shurikens came he grabbed one of them and use it to deflect the others. When the clones were close, he threw them in a way that made him able to hit the clones.

Haku spotted the real Ino as he disappeared. Ino's eyes widen as he stops and pulls out his kunai. However, he gasp in shock as something kicked his left arm.

He rolled to the ground and see Haku. "I will ask you again. Please surrender and no one will get hurt."

"He's doing it," Y/n said as Zabuza nodded.

The others heard and Kakashi understand what he meant, but not Naruto. "What do you mean?"

"Remember, when we fought him. He would always ask us to surrender and hand over the bridge builder." Naruto now has flashbacks of the event as he now understands.

"Hey, I want to ask you guys something." Shikamaru came.

 Y/n nodded as he was waiting. "How did you and Haku meet?"

"Like before, during a mission," Y/n answered.

"Yet you said you guys fight. So tell me, are they from a different land?"

Y/n's eyes widen, and Zabuza froze a little. The others were curious as some of the senseis haven't been informed yet because of the timing of the Chunin exam.

Y/n turned to Zabuza, he can see in their eyes that they don't know how to answer the question. What can he even say?

'Yeah, my sensei is known for killing numerous people, and my teammate who is fighting your teammate has hurt some people. Plus they're living with me.'

Yeah right! 'Oh! This is embarrassing! How can I answer and make it not hurtful to Zabuza and Haku!' Y/n thought.

"We were once in the Land of Waters." Y/n's eyes widen as he turns to see Zabuza-sensei talking. He turns to Y/n, "They deserved to know."

"We were once in the Land of Waters but then we betrayed the land and decided to become rouge."

The people who didn't know were shocked. Some of the sensei look betrayed when turning to Lord Third who sighs.

"However on our mission, we meet Team 7 as they make us see something new and it was the brat who mostly save us. If not we would be dead."

They turn to Y/n as he has his hoodie to cover his face. He was blushing from Zabuza's speech and the sudden stared.

Meanwhile, during the fight, Ino was having a hard time keeping up with Haku's speed. It was on a level that he couldn't see. It was close to Y/n's speed.

"I'll ask again, please surrender. I don't wish to hurt someone close to Y/n." Haku said.

He has his son out as he was prepared to attack. Ino has needles stabbed in him as he also has scratches. He glared at Haku.

"Yeah, like I'm supposed to believe the words of a Shinobi who betrayed their land. You think that you're all high and mighty but that's only because of Y/n. Without him you're-"

He was suddenly blasted back. He crashes to the wall as he slowly gets up. He sees his legs as some ice. 

He looks and sees Haku looking straight at him with one hand up in a Jutsu form.

"I will not let you speak his name in that way. I'm sorry, but I'm now going to finish you."

"This is something." Zabuza comment.

"If never seen Haku like this," Y/n said.

"Neither have I. Let alone to someone else." Zabuza mention.

Haku rushed to Ino as he has his kunai out for defense. He spin around and made a wind power back. While holding Ino down Haku then uses hand signs with one hand.

"What?!" Ino yelled. 

Everyone was watching as they couldn't believe what they were seeing. A Shinobi taking a Chunin exam can use one of their hand.

"Ice Style: Ice Prison Jutsu!"

The water from the melting ice froze up as it rises and trapped Ino within the ice.

"Woah," Y/n said. He had never seen that technique before.

"Impressive." Zabuza said, "He was able to infuse his chakra with the ice on the ground and bring it to the surface."

Shikamaru, Choji, and their sensei couldn't believe what just witness. They turn to team 7B as Zabuza smirked at them and Y/n gave them an apology smile. 

Among the others, they were surprised as they turn to see team 7B, a team that they now know is one that they have to be careful of. Ever since the match between Y/n and Sakura, they knew that something was off.

Sakura looked like she had it in control with ideas, but Y/n would quickly counter them. Yet he would also praise her, then suddenly he went on how much hatred he had towards her.

Finally when he was one to make the first move. A one-combo move that finishes her in a way that would break someone mentally and physically.

From hearing her screams when the poison kicked in, it look like a torture technique. Now it's Haku.

A Shinobi who went to telling his opponents to surrender, only to quickly end it when he too was the first one to make a move and finish it. Both with incredible speed and agility.

Plus the hidden techniques. A Shinobi who can idolize their speed and utility of poison and a Shinobi who also idolize speed but also unique techniques.

"The winner is Haku."