Chapter 1: New home

//   Hold your breath and count to ten                    Feel the Earth move and then                        Hear my heart burst again    //

                    Feel the Earth move and then
                        Hear my heart burst again    //

       You just moved towns with your friend to continue your studies.You are an art student while your best friend studies medicine.The two of you are so different yet so close to each other.You love her so much and she does the same.You know each other since you started highschool and no one could really interfere in your friendship.

        Except one time when you had your first boyfriend.He was so toxic but you refused to believe it,with all her warnings and failed attempts she stopped talking to you until the two of you finally broke up.In the end you agreed with her on that relationship and it remained a funny memory of your dumb stubborn self.

     Arriving at the new house you and Amber started moving boxes.3-4 hours passed and the sun started setting ,just in time the work was finished.

     "Finally"She said carring the last box in the house.The furniture was already there,only your stuff was missing.

    As the truck leaved,you and Amber went in the building you can now call home.It wasn't too big and not too small.It has 1 bathroom upstairs,along with two bedrooms you will soon have to fight over which one chooses her room first.Downstairs right after you enter the house,the living room greets you on the right,facing the kitchen that's in the left side of the house.Of course there is a small hallway between the two of them that leads to the stairs.Its a cozy simple type of house but it will be soon arranged to you and your friends liking.

     You both loved horror movies and video games so it's no surprise if the living room will be a constant mess.You liked pulling all nighters for movies and games just to realize it's morning and you should go to sleep.

     Amber got to choose the bedroom from the right leaving you with the left one.Carrefully you unpacked your boxes with your pc ,the most important thing  along with your art stuff,graphic tablet paint,brushes,pencils,sketchbooks etc.Your new desk was infront of the window.The king sized bed was dominating the room while the closet was waiting,on the right side of the bed, next to the night stand,to hold your clothes.On the left side,facing the bed,was a vanity perfect for your makeup.In a corner was a bean bag chair.A tall wide mirror was standing in front of your bed,giving the illusion of space.It was glued to the wall.It was a nice room after all.

      Finishing ,you went down again to throw away the empty boxes.

    As you aproached the couch to fall between the small pillows,for a good rest after such a long day, you hear Amber aproaching you,looking down at you with her arms crossed.

   "Aren't you hungry miss?"You two are about the same age.You being 20 and she's about to turn 22 next months.

   " Yes but I'm too lazy to get up"You said while raising a hand helpless and exhausted due two carring the heavy boxes.

   "I was thinking about going to a fast food and grab something to eat,but I see you preffer laying around with your stomach empty" She said while aproaching the door right after taking her car keys and wallet.

      She is the one who got a license after highschool while you were busy being too lazy.In fact you were kinda scared of driving but not because of some car tragedy.You had a skateboard which you used to skate in our hometown to the market and back with a backpack full of snacks getting ready for sleepovers with your friends.

       "I said I'm lazy not that I'm not hungry,my stomach is begging to eat"You said while getting up.Grabbing your shoes you and your friend went around the town searching for a place to eat.In the end you went to some fast food.You ordered a burger and french fries along with soda while Amber went with a pizza and water.She loves fast food but preffers healthy food.This night is one of those when she doesn't care what she eats,her hunger chosed the food this time.The diner was pretty cozy,lots of people were here,families,couples or friend groups.

     "God I feel like I'm gonna throw up."You said once you finished your food.

     "I told you to eat slowly."Amber is like a mother too sometimes but you don't mind.She's intelligent and you always end up agreeing with her.She keeps you down to earth.

      "Right.Imma go to the bathroom Imma be right back."Getting up almost running you went like a rocket through the bathroom doors.

       "All I could ever want"you said to yourself.

       While washing your face after just finished emptying your stomach you heard someone outside the door.You rushed opening the doors being greeted by a small girl around 5 or maybe 6?
      "Oh I am sorry miss!"Said the little girl continuing walking to the bathroom.You don't hate kids but don't love them either.The girl was so sweet tho you thought to yourself.And her little british accent too.She was wearing her blonde hair in two ponytails.Her pink bracelet matching the pink dress.

       "Do you feel better now?"Said Amber while you ocuppied your chair again.

       " I do feel a lil better"

       "Glad to hear"Said her with a short pause to drink some water"Although as much as I enjoy the food here, we need to fill our fridge with real food so tomorrow we are gonna go shopping and unpacking the rest of the boxes.After that we can explore the town since all is arranged."

          "Sounds good to me"You said leaning more in your chair.The pain from your stomach was still there but you were hoping it will dissapear soon.

          Not much after the conversation,while getting ready to leave you saw that little girl again.This time was with her dad you assumed.They were together with another kid and a woman.The man was wearing a nice black button up shirt,his brownish hair a bit messy, framing his face.He seemed a bit angry while talking to that woman.You sat there for a few seconds staring at them until he noticed and turned his sharp eyes towards you which made you return back to reality and left immediately, Amber waiting for you at the entrance.

      Once home you two fell on the couch watching some series.

      The day went smooth letting you wander if your life here will be the same.It's still summer, college starts in 3 months,giving you and Amber enough time to accommodate with the new surroundings and to search for two jobs now.The rent won't be paid again by your parents.

       You thought about that man and his strange stare.It was weird.Like he wanted to grab you and kill you for looking at his children.You removed those thoughts from your,already tired ,mind and fell asleep in the end.

   **  I don't know if I'll continue this since I kinda don't have time or if I'll post daily.Again sorry for my grammar mistakes or if it sounds awful xd
Imma use ao3 too cuz Idk honestly if wattpad will take this down for some obv reasons **

1197 words