t w e n t y - s e v e n

[A/N: I just wanna say that I love reading your reations so please don't be scared to express your emotions on the comment section because it motivates me to write more^^Now to the story]

JAY's POV

I suddenly woke up because of thirst. I checked the time and it was only 3 in the morning. I mentally groaned and walked out of my room carefully not to wake Jungwon up.

I went to the kitchen and drank some water. But the problem is once I woke up, it'll be hard falling asleep again so I decided to sit outside by the porch and get some fresh air.

It was still dark though. I enjoyed the peace for a moment then I suddenly felt another presence near me. I recognized the scent so I didn't mind.

''Hey, son.'' A deep voice said and I saw in my peripheral vision that someone sat beside me. I don't need to look to say that it was my father.

''Why...didn't you tell me?'' I softly asked as I looked at him. He was rather shocked that I talked to him based on his expression.

''I just thought that it wasn't necessary.'' Dad answered while he sipped to his coffee which I just notice now.

''Not necessary?'' My gaze shot at him while furrowing my brows in confusion.

''Mmm. I mean, yes we just married because of the pack, but I admit I did wanted to have a child. I was already 23 that time and I was devastated being mateless considering that I'm next in line. I was supposed to inherit the Alpha title when I was 21 but because I haven't found my Luna, my coronation got delayed and my parents was furious because of it so they got me a fiancé instead.'' He explained. I let out a sigh in response.

''When she left , I was so angry because I already love her that time and I thought she felt the same, but then I just found out that she found her mate. I had to raise you and I was so worried if I'm doing the right thing, what to do and whatnot. You're the only one that I got so I want only the best for you. But I didn't know that you were already hurting because of it. I'm sorry, Jay if I'm not the perfect father.'' Dad looked down and I vaguely catch a sight of a tear falling from his eyes. My hand, though it was shaking, reached my father's shoulder.

''Dad, I don't need a 'perfect' father. I needed a 'parent'. Someone I can look up to. All the while, I thought you hated me because I was the reason why mother left us. All this time, I was trying my best being worthy to be called your son. Sometimes I even want to refrain myself from calling you 'dad' because I felt like you will always be the Alpha and I have no rights to call you without honorifics. Dad I just want to be seen by you. As your son and not as just the 'next-in-line'.'' I sobbed as I failed to hold back my tears anymore that I kept all those years. He looked at me right in the eye and engulfed me in a warm embrace, the first time that I felt secured once and for all.

''I'm really, really...sorry for all my mistakes and lacking.'' He added while rubbing circles on my back.

''I'm sorry too, Dad, if I only saw my struggles and didn't saw yours. I haven't realized you were having trouble all these time.'' I felt him nodded and whispered an 'it's okay'. After a few, we broke the hug and he laid his hand on my cheek.

''So for you, I advise you to value the ones you love and make them feel it before it's too late.'' He said and showed a smile which I returned.

''You should go back to bed now while you can, you'll be late for classes later if you oversleep again.'' He chuckled as I stood up and walked back to my room where I found Jungwon still sleeping peacefully.

Value the ones I love and make them feel it. And I'll start with you, my Wonie.

JUNGWON's POV