Lost Throne

Aaron choked on his water and coughed hard and painful, my gaze locked onto Lily's mortified expression and I rubbed my nose bridge. "No, Lily, I am not having an affair with Aaron. He helps me with my garden out back and he got sweaty so took his shirt off. Plus, he doesn't even like women..." I furrowed my brow in frustration and looked away. Aaron wiped his mouth with a napkin and peered over at me somberly. It wasn't his fault he never liked me like that, it was just how it was and I was getting more and more okay with that. Lily let out a huge sigh of relief and rubbed her face, "Oh thank god, this would have been horrible had it been you guys really were doing that."

Aaron set his drink down and walked over to the kitchen sink turning the water on to wash his face. His gaze never left the cool running water as he spoke, "Lily, Sera has to tell you something and it has a lot to do with why she was being so coy with you coming over." I glared at him and growled. 'Way to put me on the spot, asshole.' Lily looked over at me and tilted her head in curiosity. My heart sank for a moment but I knew she needed to know. Plus, if this was going to make her leave, at least Aaron is here to comfort me. I held her hand in mine and lead her to the bar of the kitchen to sit. There, I explained what happened the night my dad lost his mind at me for just smelling the scent on me.

She tapped her chin and bit her lip. She seemed very deep in thought on the matter and mumbled something to herself I could not quite hear. I gave her a very worried look, "You don't hate me do you... Please... Please don't go.." Her gaze snapped away from her thoughts and she gave me a very warm look before hugging me tight. "Don't you worry, I won't be leaving you. I am very happy you told me this. I will make sure that when we make plans to shower first really good and make sure to stay away from Mason for that day. Gotta keep you safe!" Aaron patted his face dry with a towel and glanced over his shoulder at us with a very doubtful look, "Yeah? What about right now? Your Alpha boy's smell is everywhere right now and I assure you, that febreeze isn't going to mask it from a former Alpha's nose." I flashed him a look but I honestly could not argue with his logic. He wasn't wrong. My dad could smell a grain of rice in a pile of horse manure from a million miles away.

I rubbed my forehead and closed my eyes trying desperately to think of something, anything. Then it hit me. I grabbed my phone and googled 'nice hotels near me.' Aaron and Lily looked over my shoulders at my phone and Lily gave me a very questionable look, "A hotel? Mason's scent and mine is literally everywhere, us going to a hotel is not going to solve this." I grinned very big and tapped my finger on the nicest one I could find. I dialed their number and called over:

"Hello! Thank you for calling Mystix Mountain Hotel and Spa! How can I help you?"

"Hi, I would like to book the nicest suite you have, a honeymoon suite if possible for tonight."

"Of course! We have one left and it comes with-"

"I'll take it, how much?"

"Of course, that will come out to three gold coin."

I dug through my pocket and pulled out my savings card. Aaron and Lily stared at me and didn't question me, well, verbally anyway. I read off the numbers to the lady and she accepted the payment. "What is the name for the room owner for when they arrive to be checked in?" I smiled and replied, "Alexander and Caroline Hartt."

Aaron covered his mouth and turned away, Lily raised her eyebrows and looked over at Aaron. After the call had ended, I called over to my mom.

"Hello? Sera, what's going on?"

"Hi, mom! Sorry to disturb your time, but I knew how much you both needed some alone time so I decided to scrape up my savings from my allowances and I got you guys the honeymoon suite for tonight only at Mystix Mountain!"