Thank you Gram...

• ❤︎ •

"No she did not tell me. She never tells me anything. I find out about this Finn. About my only daughter getting married. I never know anything!" mother grumbles with anger.

"Sydney is going to wear my wedding dress" Gram tells her. Mother's eyes grow wide.

"Really?" says mother.

"Yes, I love it" I tell her. I smile at her.

"Is it just because it happens to be free?" mother remarks.

"No, I think it is adorable. I love the fact Gram wore it to wed Grandpa in it. They had a long happy marriage. So I know this will be good luck for Finn and I" I point out. Mother 0. Sydney 2.

"Fine" says my mother. She looked deflated.

"Yup" I say.

"Listen you two. You need to find some common ground here. I know you both want what is best for Sydney's life. Finn makes her happy. Can't you focus on that and be happy for her?" Gram asks my mother.

"I would if I thought this was what was best for Sydney. But I feel this is a big mistake. She will ruin her life marrying early. Just as I did. She will waist her life on a man who will find he does not want her when it will be to late. I do NOT approve of this wedding" mother states much to my dismay.

"Well this wedding is NOT up to you. It is up to Finn and myself. If you want to be here for us fine. If you do not fine to. We will marry with or without you in our wedding" I snap back angrily.

"Why don't you go cool off. Take a walk honey" Gram tells me as she moves me away from my mother.

"Fine by me" I snap. I head out to the beach to blow off steam.

I walk to the beach. The air was a little bit chilly now. But beautiful. I miss the simple days when it was just Finn and myself. No family in the middle of this mess. I loved Finn. I was going to be with him.

No matter if I had my mother's blessing or not. It would not matter to me. I understood her point of view. But I was not her. Finn was not my Dad.

We worked hard to be together. If she only knew our story. She would be happy for us. Maybe that was it. Maybe it was time to explain to my mother whom Finn was.

How we met.

The real story...

• ❤︎ •

"Hey Sydney! How is the wedding planning going?" I hear someone call out to me. I look up to see Crystal. I wave.

"Hey! My mother came all the way here to meet Finn" I grumble.

"Does she not like Finn?" worries Crystal.

"Not really. She does not like the idea of me marrying Finn at all. She thinks I am too young" I explain.

"I am married" points out Crystal. "We are the same age"

"I know. Mother is going through a bad time. My father left her" I explain.

"So she is bitter about love. Her heart is broken. She fears yours will get broken to" Crystal says. I nod.

"Yes. I know Finn would never break my heart. I love him. I will marry him with or without her there" I tell her. She nods.

"I know that. Finn would never harm you. You know his mother was not pleased about him coming on land to be with you" she reminds me.

"I know he told me" I say.

"She was scared for him to leave the ocean. But she saw how unhappy he was without you. So she set him free to be with you" mentions Crystal.

"I was unhappy without him to. I would be if he left me" I say. She nods.

"I know that" she says smiling. "It is clear you are meant to be with Finn"

"I can not wait to marry him" I say as I smile.

"I will be happy for you both" she promises me.

"Crystal, can I ask you something?" I ask. She nods.

"Sure" she replies.

"Will you be my maid of honor at the wedding?" I ask her.

"I would be honored to" she agrees as she smiles.

"Wonderful, I can not wait to say I do to Finn. I love him with my whole heart" I say happily.

No one not even my mother was going to stop me from being at his side.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|