Chapter-25

Chapter-25

Lucas Alberto's POV

My hand grip the towel tight around my waist. I was expecting a delivery man, not Mr. Piccolo. This is embarrassing and not how I wanted to introduce myself as his daughter's boyfriend. It's obvious that I have slept with her. My hair is not right, I a hickey on my neck that my Angel gave me and a towel around my waist that not even properly tied. Most of all when I opened the door, I had a stupid grin on.

His eyes fall on his daughter, who came out of the room in a long light blue nighty. The shock on her face is clear as day.

The cat's out of the bag.

There is no point in hiding. Her eyes shift to mine.

Together.

I try to assure her and she nods her head.

Mr. Piccolo looks between us. I need to go get dressed first.

"Excuse me." I walk out to give them a minute of space. But before walking past, I can't help but lean down and kiss her a kiss on her cheek. "I will be right back." She needs to know she is not alone in this. She nods her head at me with a smile. I need to get dresses quickly and be out there with her. This is going to be hard for her and she needs me.

Going into the room, I put on my boxers, pants and shirt before tucking it in. Murmurs of their voices reach me. I am about to walk out of the room when my phone rings. Grabbing it, I open the text from the friend whom I have sent the tablets that Mr. Piccolo is taking. He has sent me the result.

Reading it, I knew that it's not good.

Well, shit!

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

"This is not how I wanted you to find out." My voice is barely a whisper. Tension builds in my heart. I am staring a picture of me and Lucas in his car from this evening. What's giving is, the where he is about to kiss the back of my hand. I snatched my hand before his lips can touch me. His eyes are on me. The title reads.

Is this what it is? A Duke and an Outcast?

I shake my head. How did it come out so fast? Wasn't it just a few hours ago?

"I have been trying to reach you to discuss this, but I see you are busy." Papa is angry.

"I really wanted to tell you, Papa." I feel nervous for some reason. God, please don't let anything happen to him! My only fear is in shock he might feel chest pains. I don't want that. "That's why I wanted to meet you tomorrow. I wanted you to meet him as my boyfriend."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks and I feel tears gather in my eyes. What am I supposed to say?!

"Because she was worried about your health." Lucas speaks from behind me. He is dressed now and he comes and sits beside me. He takes hold of my hand and I don't stop him. Papa's gaze falls on our hands and he looks at us. "Mr. Piccolo, I knew that you wanted Gemma and me together. But we never had such kind of feelings for each other." He explains.

Papa looks like he is thinking as he listens to him.

"I have always liked only Annabelle." That's the first time he said my full name. There is such sincerity in his voice and face that I am sure Papa can see it too.

"Why didn't either of you just say so?" He asks.

"I... We wanted to, but that's the same night you had... heart attack." The night brings tears to my eyes. I remember being so scared. "Trust me, Papa. He wanted to, but I stopped him. I was scared it might... I didn't want to be a... I don't want to be the cause for you to fall sick again." I can't even say the word. Papa gulps and nods his head understandingly.