Episode 1 part 3

I was awakened by a knock on my door.

"Yes?" I responded annoyed and still half asleep.

At the other side of my door, Malin said calmly, "Crownprince Wilhelm, your parents want to discuss something important with you. They want you downstairs for breakfast in an hour."

I answered with an apathetic, "Okay. Thanks Malin." which prompted her to leave. I knew I couldn't avoid my family any longer, so I stood up and got ready, with an odd gut feeling.

I urgently needed to take a shower, because I smelled just like how I felt. And that was miserable.

Tired, I dragged myself into my bathroom, I used to share with Erik.
I slipped out of my pajama and got into the shower. I turned the water on extra cold, which I expected to wake me up. I sensed the cold water pattering on my back, which gave me goosebumps. It felt good and I tried not to think about anything and only focus on the sound of the water droplets. It usually calms me down, whenever I'm sensing a panic attack coming.

I got out of the shower, dried myself with a towel and tried to fix my hair with a blow dryer, which surprisingly I managed to some extent and parted my hair in a center part with a comb. After I brushed my teeth I walked back to my room in my bathrobe.

I had to step out into the cold corridor, but only one room further, past Erik's room, to get back into my own.

I took off my bathrobe and decided on a pair of loose black jeans. Then I put on a white t-shirt and a dark blue sweater over it. I walked over to the mirror to look at my appearance. I looked like shit. My eyes, reddened and swollen from crying, were framed by huge, dark circles.
I looked like I was run over by a truck. Perfect.

I went down the stairs and into the dining room. I arrived just in time, my parents just sat down in their chairs, so I sat down next to dad at our large table, which could seat at least 30 people.

"Good morning," I said and began to shove some fruits and crispbread, that were placed in front of us, on my plate. Dad looked like he was happy to see me and wished me a good morning, too. Mom looked at me with a serious and forced smile and continued sipping her coffee.

Nobody dared to speak as we ate and it got so sillent, that you could hear us chewing.

Finally my mother broke the silence, "Wilhelm, we have to discuss something with you." I nodded. "There are doubters about the statement regarding the video. Our social media team is trying its best to delete comments, that say you were lying from the internet but it's getting so many that we can't keep up."

So that's the reason I found nothing about me and Simon on Instagram. It's not because the people forgot about it, it's because their opinion gets simply erased.

She continues, "We have decided that the best way to get rid of these rumors is to convince them otherwise. In order to do so, we picked out a nice girl-"

"No way," I interrupted her and jumped up from my chair.

"Wilhelm, sit back down and let us finish," she demanded and angrily glared at me. Eventually I sat down again.

"Her name is Wilma and she is the daughter of an old friend of the royal family. We invited her and her family to the christmas event tonight, but she arrives at 4pm before it starts. A camera team will come before the opening of the event and take photos of you together as a couple, which we will then use as a statement. You will spend the evening with her and introduce her to the guests and the journalists as your girlfriend," she explained her plan with satisfaction.

What the hell?

"Dad? Please don't make me do this," with tears in my eyes I helplessly turned to him to look him in the eyes to see some sort of emotion. I saw something in his eyes which for me looked like pity. Maybe he would help me. He quickly stared back down at the table again. I see. So he won't help me.