Chapter 4 : Restart

Start from the beginning

Your mouth hangs open, the sounds of words you wanted to recite long forgotten. 

All of your itching suspicions confirmed. 

You were just in the way. But, while the seconds feel like years- she speaks up again. 

"You're the bestfriend. I am sure you can understand, right? Girl to girl." 

she offers you a smile, and gently places a hand over yours, trying to get a look at your face despite your head hanging low. 

You swore you could hear her sigh and rub her temples. 

"Aren't you guys on a break? He isn't your boyfriend."

 you really didn't have to escalate this. You could have just left it, really. 

But there was a burning desire to find, something, anything that would prove you weren't crazy for not trusting her. 

And this was it. 

"Excuse me? He is in love with me, as much as I am with him." 

There it was, your opening. 

"Well if you're so sure, then why do you have to worry about me. You're a nice girl and I am sure you both can work through it if you're meant too." 

you shrug, attempting to look like you weren't about to throw a fit. 

She looks at you, darting her eyes through yours and smiles. 

Her cheeks building a rose-y tint underneath the low light of the booth. 

She turns her head away and you can't tell if it is in embarrassment or some sort of bashful innocence returning. 

That's when Mina calls the two of you over, and Makaiyla rushes out of the booth and past the purple blinds. 

And as you walk out after her, the 'guests' come streaming in through the doors. 

You sit a dinner table, together with Kirishima, Katsuki and lastly- Makaiyla. 

At Kiri's request of course. 

You thought it wouldn't be so bad if you just spent the majority of the time talking to Kiri and avoiding the 'happy couple' but you were more than wrong. 

It was cruel, how she clung to him with a sort of natural comfort that comes with trust- or some really good acting. 

And it burned, she would ever so sweetly call his name to brush some of his ash blonde hair behind his ear. 

You had zero, chance with that man. 

Your head felt heavy as it rested on your fist, you resisted the urge to turn your face down and let tears stream through your mascara coated lashes. 

But no, you had to keep face. 

As long as you didn't look at the way her dainty little fingers slithered their way up his arm, and the way her smile puffed cheek laid on the sleeve of his suit. 

Why couldn't this be your anniversary. 

Why did she have to be the one flaunting how much he cared for her over what would normally be an average show of affection for couples? 

Why was it so easy, for her? 

Why was it so picture perfect?

Why was it her? 

Why was she so perfect? 

And you were just there. 

Not there, just present. 

You weren't congratulating like everyone else sitting by the table, you were just taking up what would otherwise be empty space. 

You were just, in the way. And while you follow her lips, you watch as her eyes light up. 

You knew that look because you've seen it in your own when they light up in their own love struck glee. 

And her lips part again, speaking words you didn't know you would hate so much to hear. 

"Maybe you will propose?" 

she hums. And all you can do is let out an audible croak. 

Unable to speak, or cry. 

All you were was an obstacle after all, just a presence that needed to be removed. 

And as the chair screeches beneath you, you fail to identify the footsteps following behind you. 

As you push past the doors and the lingering stares. 

Out of that damned 'anniversary party' 

Heya! This was an early update, I am just not sure if I will be able to post the next few updates on time so I wanted to post this early :) Thank you for reading this far <3 I hope you enjoyed it, feel free to leave your thoughts about this chapte...

Heya! This was an early update, I am just not sure if I will be able to post the next few updates on time so I wanted to post this early :) Thank you for reading this far <3 I hope you enjoyed it, feel free to leave your thoughts about this chapter- i love to see your thoughts and opinions <3