1.Departure.

Pye opened his eyes and wiped the tears from his cheeks. "Am I to relive that moment every time I sleep?" He asked out loud.

-We would not want you forgetting your sins now, would we? Brother.-

Slowly, Pye sat up and glanced around his bedroom. It was a large carpeted white room that housed a black coloured bed big enough for five people. There were no other furniture, as he had not gotten around to decorating yet.

Ignoring Nair's attempts to hurt him, Pye got off the bed and went into his bathroom for a hot bath. His long golden hair, which reached the back of his knees, would take awhile to wash and braid.

Pye told himself he won't take the bait today and have another argument with his brother. Yesterday's incident was bad enough that even Neine got wind of it and had to check up on him. He knew he must learn to have a better grasp on his emotions, but it was just so hard to do...

Pye and Neine had finally established the ranks they needed to operate Hell, and what tasks each rank should be in charge of. Now it was up to Pye to select the individuals for the open spots. Needless to say, with Nair in his mind toying with his emotions, it was harder to make clear judgments.

Sometime later, the Commander of Hell sat floating in the air and studied the four demons kneeling before him. They were the strongest bunch they have currently, in both physical and magical abilities. But were their minds fitting to hold the position of Lucifers?

-They all seem useless. Perhaps you should eat them instead.-

Pye's fingers twitched at Nair's suggestion, but he tried his best to ignore the words. Instead, he concentrated on his mental list of pros and cons for each demon. Neine had created two worlds so far, according to the characteristics of those worlds, which type of personality was needed?

The buff demon with red horns had the most number of royal servants so far. Pye had heard he ruled over them with a firm but fair hand.

-Pick the short one there.- Nair interrupted gleefully.

Perhaps Pye will choose red horns after all. An unbiased ruling could be what they needed for the more advanced of the two worlds. Neine had named it World One. Some of the creatures there already developed higher thinking processes, and-

-Shortie loves to destroy things, so he will bring in the most souls for you. Tainted, disgusting human souls. I was under the impression that-

"Shut up." Pye hissed venomously.

The demons flinched below him. One of them cowered lower, unsure what had set off the Commander because no one else could hear Nair.

-You claimed to hate humans for changing me. Yet here you are, trying to choose the best ruler for their wellbeing.- Nair's humourless laugh echoed through Pye's mind. As if words weren't enough, a strong feeling of rage suddenly surged through him. Pye could do nothing as Nair played havoc with his emotions, picking out any one and shoving it down his throat.

"Stop that!" Pye roared, his golden eyes ablaze.

A whimper escaped from one of the servants on the side. The Commander's head snapped toward the sound. And with a vicious snap of his hand, the servant went hurling across the room. The loud crunch of bones breaking was followed by a soft thump as the body fell to the ground, then dead silence.

-Temper, temper...- Nair tsk-ed in amusement.

Pye took a deep breath to calm himself, reining his unjustified anger back in. Then he pointed a finger at the red horned demon, "You with the red horns. You have until the Gate's construction is finished to prepare yourself for the position of Lucifer for World One."