"A little." She admitted with an anxious expression on her face.

"Try not to think about it." He suggested as they entered the large darkened space.

"VI, bring up the lights in the big room."

"Welcome to Zone 5."

"Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Rick questioned. "I'm it. It's just me here." He informed, which made Silas sigh pinching the bridge of her nose.

She was beginning to run out of  hope, and she could feel her anxiety flare up.

Anxiety's a trip. Silas Peletier knew a lot about that.

"What about the person you were speaking with? VI?" Lori asked. "VI, say hello to our guests. Tell them... Welcome." An automated voice system spoke in a monotonous tone.

"Hello, guests. Welcome." The voice obeyed.

"I'm all that's left. I'm sorry," Jenner apologized. And with that, he led them down to a room where he would begin to take the group's blood.

One-by-one, the group had blood drawn and before she knew it, it was Silas' turn.

"Alright, sweetheart. Last but not least." Jenners words were meant to be taken as a joke but Silas didn't laugh. Her usual tan colored skin was now a sickly white color, and her hazel eyes were darkening.

Jenner had her sit down, and the group watched the interaction unfold.

"Mommy, Silas doesn't—"

"Shane!" Carol shot up form her seat and rushed over to Silas, who's body began to sway.

"Hey, it's okay. Look at me, you'll be fine." Silas looked past Ezra as Jenner began to search for a vein in her arm.

Ezra put their foreheads together as he held her face in his hands, whispering sweet nothings to her.

Her face grew cold, and right as Jenner went to stick the needle in, her body folded, right into Ezra's arms and she was out like a light.

"Silas!"

——

"She just needed a little fluid in her, see? All better." Jenner lifted the IV needle from her arm, discarding it before wrapping some gauze around her lightly bleeding arm.

Silas sat up groggily holding her head.

"Let's get you guys fed."

The remainder of the group, and Jenner, sat around a table in the dining hall of the CDC— eating supper and drinking wine.

"You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner." Dale spoke in a suggestive tone, wriggling his eyebrows in Lori's direction.

"And in France." Silas piped in, the group chuckling. "Well, when Carl and Ezra are in Italy or France, they can have some then."

"What's it gonna hurt? Come on. Come on." Rick persuaded his wife, who caved and allowed it. Dale laughed as he handed Carl a glass with a sip of wine in it, offering Ezra his own cup. The older boy shook his head, picking up his cup of soda. "I don't do alcohol, Dale. Thanks for the offer though."