Dreams

"Here." Exusiai says to him as she hands him a piece of food in her hand. The food itself was a mixed assortment of fruits with cream, all fitted inside a rolled piece of pancake-like dough, neatly wrapped within a colorful eye-catching cone that served as its holder.

"What's this?" 

"It's called a crepe. It's basically like a pancake, but filled to the brim with a lot of delicious and sweet things, and you hold it like an ice cream! Oh, and this one's got strawberries!" She gave her own kind of explanation of what the dazzling delicacy in his hand was with an eager face,

She then went ahead and rested her bottom besides him on the bench, the bench itself facing the clear and spacious pond Exusiai mentioned moments ago. She'd insisted that they just buy something from the café and just ate in the park instead, saying she'd always wanted to try eating in the park with such a view with someone.

Not just any someone, that is.

She had her own kind of crepe in her hands, differently flavored with dark chocolate instead of the bright pink strawberries that decorated his, with her sight constantly glaring at him out of the corner of her eye in anticipation of his reaction to his seemingly first time eating such kind of dessert.

"..."

He stared vacantly at the crepe for a moment, before suddenly turning to her. This jumped Exusiai slightly. She thought he'd caught her trying to observe him, but instead, he, rather unexpectedly, held up his crepe to in front of her face,

"...Want a bite?" Her head tilted slightly and her brows wrinkled, confused by his offer,

"...Eh....I have my own, though?"

"No, it just seemed like you kind of wanted to eat this one, the way you were looking at me." 

...It seems that she was busted, but for not entirely the wrong reason. Those two flavors were in actuality her go-to favorites whenever she felt like eating crepes, and so she decided to buy those flavors because of that. That's also why she was so anticipating,

She just wanted to share with him what she liked, that's all.

"...Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"...Well, don't mind if I do then!" And without even considering to hold back, she opened her mouth ajar and chomped down onto the crepe in his hands, taking a more than generous portion of it into her mouth. She had a carelessly joyed expression on her stuffed face. 

He only looked back at her with a mix of shock and disbelief.

"...I guess it's that delicious, huh?" He said, although deep down he was half devastated seeing his once majestic crepe now reduced to almost half of its glory. Even the strawberry on top was among the casualties.

"Uh-huh! Here, you should try mine too, it's just as good!" She said, still lost in savoring the crepe's flavor, her cheeks filled and all. She then held out her own crepe to return the offer to him.

There was no reason for him to object, so he gladly took a bite out of hers, and he, too, was now lost in the crepe's flavor the moment it introduced itself to his taste buds, his face lighting up into one of pure satisfaction at such a taste.

For the next passing minutes, the pair only sat and enjoyed their small evening lunch, with the view of the pond serving as the cherry on top of this experience. Occasionally, they'd feed each other as they exchanged each other's crepe's flavor.

"..Hey, Exusiai."

"...?" She responded with an affirming hum as she turned her head to him. He has her attention.