"Just some stupid youtube video Zoe told me to watch. God I fu--" Y/N paused, their jaw hanging, remembering they weren't allowed to curse around their brothers. "Fricking hate her, she knows I hate it when world cruelty is involved" Y/N sniffled, rubbing their puffy eyes. "What is this "vee-dee-o" in question?" Knuckles asked them, looking at the screen. "It's an animation called "the dog" and man is it sad" Y/N groaned, they facepalmed, dragging their hand down their face. "Can we watch it?" Tails asked, hopping up and down to try and see the computer.

Y/N lifted him up and placed him on their lap, "Heh, good luck. This can make even the toughest man crumble, I should know, I'm tough" Y/N smirked, their tears beginning to dry. "Puh-lease, we can do better than you, we're beings from different planets! I don't think a human-made sad film can make us cry" Sonic chuckled, "Alright, but don't come crying to me when you...well, cry" Y/N clicked on the video and replayed it, chuckling as the trio stared at the screen.

A few minutes in and Tails already starts whimpering, "Already about to cry? I didn't know you were this weak, Tails" Y/N joked, looking down at the fox on their lap. "It's obvious the dog is trying to tell the humans something but they can't talk so the humans just think the dog is trying to get their attention for food or attraction!" Tails yelled. "Shh!" Sonic and Knuckles whipped their heads to Tails and looked back at the screen just as quick. "Don't worry Tails, you can cry on my shoulder" Y/N ruffled his head, Tails chuckled, "Okay okay! I get it!" He chuckled, once Y/N finally ceased he averted his attention back towards the video.

'Round the end of the video, Sonic was biting down on his gloves, tears pricking his eyes but he kept blinking them back, Knuckles was scowling, eyes glossy. Tails was whimpering, tugging on Y/N's sleeve, (ig the next bit is classified as spoilers so maybe watch the vid first in case you're confused about the next few words) as the animal control officer pulled out a gun, he pointed it towards the sprinting dog, the officer shot once in their leg, the gunshot frightened the trio watching the video. Tails whimpered louder, holding on tightly to Y/N's arm, Sonic bit down on his lip, forcing the tears down while Knuckles' tears started coming in hot. The animal control officer walked over to the limp dog that lied over a sewer cover, he held the dog down by their neck, cocked the gun and placed it on their stomach, the dog whined, looking down through the sewer cover's hole, trying to signal the officer that something was down there.

The officer took one look at the dog and back to the gun, the dog's eyes swirled with fear until they finally succumbed to their fate. They closed their eyes, tears pooling them, a singular, glistening tear fell down through the sewer hole. The officer shot the dog, they yelped one last time before their whole body went limp and their face dropped. Tails bursted into tears, crying into Y/N's arm, Y/N embraced Tails from behind, soothing his tense body. Knuckles was streaming with tears, anger boiling in his blood, clenching his fists so tight, Sonic choked back his tears and whimpers, biting down on his lip hard enough to probably cause bleeding.

As the tear hit the surface of skin, it slid down. As the officer stood up, he took off his helmet, the echoing cries of an infant were heard in the deep sewerhole, the officer looked down the sewer and saw the infant down at the bottom of it.

(Too lazy to explain the rest, watch it yourself-)

Tails broke out sobbing, he whipped around and wrapped his arms around Y/N, digging his muzzle into their shoulder. "Th-They're so cruel!" Tails shouted through sobs, "I know buddy, I know" Y/N's left hand stroked Tails' back, their right hand resting on his head. Y/N looked over to Knuckles and saw him clenching his fist, their teeth bared, snarling as tears streamed down his face like waterfalls. "Humans are so cruel to innocent animals! Couldn't you see the canine was trying to save one of your own?!" Knuckles needed to punch something, he grabbed one of Y/N's pillows and punched it with all his might.