Excerpt 2

With Mikudasu as the new queen, she began restoration of the castle immediately. Pire and I were forbidden to observe these projects, but Jundo kept us in touch with what was happening. I was overjoyed to see my beloved town resurrect with color and life. By this time, I realized that I also shared the magical abilities my pure blood sisters did, and began to experiment with them.

I'd spend hours in the neighboring wood, chanting simple incantations and manipulating the flora that surrounded me. I soon discovered that as well as a flora weaver, I was also able to control the weather. However, this was much more powerful than Dasu's magic, and I feared what she might do if she found out, so I kept my discoveries to myself.

I would often regress back to my childhood, entertaining myself with dolls made of tree roots and leaves, and made little houses for them. This passed the time for several months until the restoration was complete. I grew several bouquets of hydrangeas, for I knew they were Dasu's favorite flowers. I had Jundo gift Mikudasu these bouquets in my place.

     It became very peaceful in the kingdom, and finally, I could let my guard down and feel safe. I had no fears of Dasu attacking me or my sister, nor was I anxious that something bad was to happen.

     I curse myself for this mistake.

     I was so absorbed in my magical experiments that I hadn't noticed Pire went missing for several days. When it finally dawned on me, I pleaded the Royal Guard to send out a search party. After several weeks, it was concluded that I would never see my dear sister again, and the search was discontinued. I turned to the blade and the drink. I didn't know how to function without her, my poor sweet sister. I loved her more than anything, and now I had nothing to love.

     Frequently, I found myself too fatigued to leave my bed, and as a result, I had to cut my hair to the scalp. I found myself holding that filthy, matted clump, sobbing and screaming. There are not enough words to describe the agony I was feeling. I often pondered the thought of death, longing for this suffering to end. I knew better, however, than to abandon my beloved town, and all that I adored within it. Of course, I had attempted suicide several times, all of which left chronic pain and disorders; consequences for my idiotic actions.

     Now, scar-ridden and disabled, I returned to my magic as a distraction. This would keep me in solitude for days on end, sometimes even months would go by where I did not have contact with another sentient being. Forgive me, as I do not wish to share some details around this time. I must keep some dignity to my person.