office final part

true ending

wilbur paced back and forth down the hospital halls. he had came over to visit schlatt but was told he was not allowed in the room. he knew something was up, and he hoped it was good.

he heard a sudden noise and looked behind him to see multiple doctors either rushing into schlatt's room or out of it. he cautiously approached, wondering if he could slip in undetected.

but he didn't. one of the doctors noticed him and pushed him back, away from the door.

"sorry sir, you'll be able to see him soon", was all he said, and wilbur backed off and sat down, miserable. he hoped that what the doctor said was true.

an hour passed. no heads up to let him in. but the doctors stopped rushing around awhile ago.

finally, a doctor came out with a clipboard, a blank look on their face as they walked towards wilbur.

"is everything alright?", wilbur asked, slightly unnerved at the emotionless look on the doctor's face.

"i'm so sorry sir but.. he's gone..", the doctor mumbled. even though wilbur had assumed schlatt wouldn't live, he still felt surprised.

there was that false hope there that he had been clinging too. he had been just barely hanging on, but now he had let go and let it mentally shatter on the ground along with his heart.

wilbur fell to his knees, intense grief overwhelming him. he hid his face, crying harder than he had ever done before.

the doctor just watched, sympathetic for the poor crying mess on the hospital floor.

"c-can i see him? p-please?", wilbur managed to slip out between sobs. the doctor nodded, gesturing to the room before walking away.

wilbur got up slowly and stumbled to the door, devastated at the sight of the room.

schlatt was laying there on the bed, bandaged in different places. it seemed as if he was sleeping. and in a way, he was. but he would never wake up.

the thought finally took its toll on wilbur and hit him like a sea of bricks. he broke down again, running to the bed and collapsing on it, desperately grabbing at schlatt's shirt, pulling him closer into a one-way hug.

miraculously, wilbur was able to look up for a moment and reached his hand up to cup his lifeless lover's face, moving his thumb across his cheek gently.

its not as if they had been together long, but somehow they both knew. they were meant to be.

and now they would never see each other again.

wilbur stayed with schlatt until he was forced to leave, them not able to leave schlatt's body there.

wilbur was now curled up on his shared bed with schlatt.

'or at least, i used too', wilbur thought, his thoughts all blurry and all he could think about was schlatt.

he could barely see when he opened his eyes, tears making him half blind as if he were permanently squinting.

"i need rest..", he said to himself, hating the empty echo it left behind in the dead silence.

he turned onto his other side, pulling a blanket over himself that had been at the foot of the bed.

he didn't get much rest, sleep did him no good.

in fact, it made everything worse.

"schlatt..?", he mumbled in surprise, unaware of the reality that was his dream.

schlatt was there, different bloody marks on him, floating as if he were a ghost.

"hey wilbur. i wish i would've gotten a chance to say goodbye..", he responded, going quiet.

wilbur just stared at him in disbelief.

"so you're still dead. i'm dreaming", wilbur said in a monotone voice, not really a question but a statement.

schlatt nodded sadly anyways.

"i don't want you to be forever sad about me wil, i love you dearly and i always will, and i'll definitely miss you. but try to get over this, or it'll drag you down and ruin the rest of your life."

"but don't completely move on, unless you find someone else who makes you happier..", schlatt added on.

wilbur's eyes started glimmering with fresh tears.

"schlatt.. you are the first person that i've ever loved this much, i would never replace you", he promised.

schlatt hung his head down and sniffed, facial features non viewable, probably trying to cover his soft crying.

"maybe we'll meet again, either the afterlife or another life. goodbye wilbur", schlatt said after awhile.

wilbur winced at the thought.

"goodbye schlatt, my love, my pretty pretty princess.."

wilbur woke up.

and life went on.

and who knows, maybe they did meet again.

                                i'm evil 😈

but anyways guys, that's a wrap! i loved writing this au and i wanna thank y'all for the support on it. i will miss it, maybe i'll eventually do a little comeback of it.

and guess what, i'm starting a schlattbur artbook, inspired by yours truly Ms. Roach Coach.

i'll give y'all a drawing i made of this chapter, it will also be in the art book that i'm going to publish probably soon after this chapter

i love all of you <3

                            [862 Words]

[862 Words]