Broken Wing - Tommy

Characters: Tommy, Wilbur, Phil, Charlie, Scott, Ninja and mentions of Niki.

[Origin SMP au]

TW// Violence, blood, gore.

-------|||-------

Tommy's pov

I was on my way back to The Pube from mining, I had asked Wilbur to join me but he had other plans. I didn't see anyone else other than the Charlie, Wilbur and Niki. Phil had told me yesterday he saw a man he never saw before on this server, and Phil tried to stop him but "he drank something and disappeared". He told me to watch out but I told him I wasn't afraid. Mainly because I just told myself that what Phil said wasn't true, but on the way back that started to become more unbelievable.

I heard my footsteps in the woods kind of echo, like someone else was copying my steps or walking behind me. I quickly stopped and turned around but didn't hear or see anything. I decided to continue walking, but I started to get more paranoid. I stopped beside an oak tree and scrutinized my surroundings. I don't fucking see anyone but I hear them walking and creeping near me.

"Hello?" I called, hearing a twig snap.

"Fucking face me, bitch," I said loudly. "I'm not scared of you."

"You should be," I heard an unrecognizable voice whisper to me from behind.

"Who are you?" I asked shakily, turning behind me and drawing out my sword.

"I go by Ninja," the man said as I felt something pierce my wing, right near my skin. Before I could look at what it was, I dropped to the ground as my visions blur.

Third pov

Phil, also known as The Crowfather, protects everyone on the server. Although he found it more like a job at first, he now finds it enjoyable to fly around and check up on everyone. The Pube, being the highest building by far, is used as a checkpoint for everyone. It's located right in the middle of the world, so if they can see The Pube from wherever they are, they know they're still close to home.

Phil was flying around by the woods nearby The Pube as usual, but today he spotted a little Avian that wasn't moving. He decided to get to ground and check what's happened. Turns out the Avian was Tommy, and he was shot by an arrow in his right wing. Eyeing the pool of deep red blood oozing out from Tommy's wound that stained his wing and back, Phil carried Tommy in his arms with no hesitation. Tommy fluttered his eyelids open but he was too weak to speak. Phil then flapped his wings that launched him into the sky, then he flew to The Pube while making sure Tommy was safe in his arms.

Phil, who was practically crying in fear of Tommy's safety, drops into The Pube on his knees. Tommy winced at the pain from the pressure when they landed. Phil's large wings were covering Tommy protectively, while tears clouded his field of vision. He didn't know what to do. He knew Scott was good at medical stuff but he wanted to cry looking at the arrow stuck in Tommy's wing.

"Phil?" Wilbur called worriedly.

Phil looked up at Wilbur, teary-eyed as his shoulder-length blonde hair covered half his face. He looked back at Tommy and moved his wings so Wilbur could look at the state of the young Avian.

Wilbur gasped and ran over, just before the sunlight could hit him.

"What happened?!" He questioned.

"I don't know, I just saw him laying like this in the woods. I don't know what to do. I-I'm not experienced in this type of thing."

Then Charlie walked through the door. Wilbur was quick to action.

"Charlie, could you please call Scott up here please? Tell him it's an emergency, Tommy's injured."

The Slimecican understood and helped. Scott was in The Pube by minutes.

"That's a poison arrow," Scott concluded. "Does anyone have milk or honey on them?"

"No," said Wilbur and Phil.

"I've got milk," Charlie said, handing it to Scott.

"Tommy has to drink it to help the effects wear off quicker," said Scott as he passed the milk to Phil and looked at Wilbur. "Will, there's some bandages and first aid stuff right upstairs. Can you quickly grab it?"

Wilbur nodded, sprinting to the ladders by Niki's aquarium.

"Can you hear me?" Phil asked Tommy softly, and Tommy nodded slowly.

"Open your mouth for me, will you? If you heard what Scott said you know you have to drink this."

"Milk is gross," Tommy mumbled.

"It's good for you," Phil smiled sympathetically. "Open up."

With that, Tommy obeys the orders of Phil and drinks the milk. Right after, Wilbur came down with a bandage roll and some medicine he found.

"This is going to hurt," Scott clarified, gently holding the tip of the arrow in between Tommy's wing, "but you'll be okay."

"Make it quick so it doesn't hurt for that long," Phil requested, Tommy agreed.

Scott safely but swiftly removed the arrow stuck in Tommy's wing as Tommy winced in agony.

"You're alright, it's okay," Phil reassured, carressing Tommy's hair.

Scott quickly cleaned the edges of Tommy's injury before bandaging his little wing.

"So," Charlie spoke, "what happened, Tommy?"

"This man was following me in the woods," Tommy answered, "and when I asked him what his name was he said "I go by Ninja" and then my visions just went blurry."

Phil raised an eyebrow hearing the name.

"Wait, HE'S Ninja?"

---

[923 words]

Short one, went for a cliffhanger ending since I always have no clue how to end these lmao