Chapter 2 - It's Only Been a Week

It has been a week since I met Sam, and we haven't stopped talking since that day at the park. Just when I think we've talked about everything there's something new to talk about. It's only been a week and I already catch myself smiling at my phone while texting him. I wasn't the only one who caught it though, Levi did too and hasn't stopped interrogating me about it. I didn't tell him about Sam immediately because I genuinely didn't think it would go anywhere. Someone that looks like him, with me? Never. But now...I could only hope it goes somewhere. And it's only been a week! I feel insane when I think about it like that but there's just something about him that I'm drawn to. He still hasn't tried to meet up though. I just tell myself he's probably busy to make myself feel better.

It was Wednesday morning and I had just gotten back from my run with Arlo and Levi who decided to join us today. I took a quick shower and changed into a black tank top, a long fitted pink velvet skirt, and a white button-up that I tied into a knot at the front. I was putting my hair into a low messy bun when I heard my phone ringing. I ran over to it to see who was calling.

"Hey," I said a little too enthusiastic.

"Hi SJ, are you busy today?" he replied.

"I have a couple of errands to run but then I'm free, why?" I didn't have anything to do.

"Takoa seems like she needs some company, so I was seeing if maybe you wanted to meet up?"

"Yes of course! What time were you thinking?" I said once again sounding a little too enthusiastic.

"Does 2 pm work for you? We could go to the park and then get coffee at the cafe right across from it," Is this supposed to be a date?

"Sounds good, I'll see you then."

We said our goodbyes and I sat there with just me and my thoughts. Overthinking was a specialty of mine and when it came to Sam I was an expert at overthinking things. But at least now he's trying to meet up, right?

It was around 1:40 pm when I got Arlo and myself into my car to head to the park. On the way there I was blasting music in an attempt to drown out my thoughts. It didn't work, but I was getting close to the park so I just had to get it together. I parked my car and went around to the back to let Arlo out. When I walked in I was met with Sam's big perfect smile immediately. Instantly all my nerves and thoughts were gone. It was just me and him. We talked and laughed while Takoa and Arlo played together until we decided we should head to the cafe. After ordering our coffee and food we decided to sit on the patio. 

We were mid-conversation when I heard a woman's voice say, "Sammy?" 

We both turned to see who was talking. I was met with a tall skinny girl with fair skin and blonde pin-straight hair. The exact opposite of me, as a Latina woman I have a darker skin tone, a curvy body, and black curly hair. 

"Willow? What are you doing here?" Sam said as I looked back and forth between them trying to get answers. 

"I could ask the same, who is this?" She said in a rude tone. 

"I'm SJ Sam's friend. Who are you?" I replied matching her tone. 

"I'm Willow, Sam's girlfriend." What the fuck. My mind was racing and I didn't know what to think, have I gotten the wrong impression this entire time? 

"Willow she's just a friend you don't have to be rude." That one hurt. But why? We were just friends. 

"How do you expect me to react when you aren't responding to my texts or calls just for me to find out you're out with another," she looked at me condescendingly, "girl." 

I scoffed and stood up grabbing my purse and Arlo, "Listen, it was nice seeing you Sam but I'm going to leave before I make your girlfriend more insecure than she," I gave her the same look she gave me, "clearly already is." 

Without staying to hear anymore I left.

This is SJ's outfit Inspo <3