Chapter 29: Rescue

Start from the beginning

'I know, but,' he said confidently, 'now I have you guys with me, I know I can do anything. If we use that strategy, there is a chance we can get past him. We have practiced it before, right?'

'Yeah, but that's just not enough! Naruto, remember that we cannot take control of your body for too long; if we force it too much it will eventually break down and you will die!'

'I know, but it's not like we have anything else to lose, right? We will get through it, believe it!'

'Incoming!'

Naruto immediately slipped into his battle stance when two other Paths of Pain, this time the Preta and Deva Path himself, launched toward him. Naruto knew that this screamed trouble to him; this meant all of his jutsu which utilized chakra by now were going to be nullified.

That only left him with one choice...

'Goku, tag!'

'With pleasure!'

The two Pains came down on Naruto's head, their black weapons ready on their hands, but Naruto easily caught the two black rods by his chakra hands.

Of course, those chakra arms are stronger than his original arms... But it's easy; if I can take away that chakra...

Then the Preta Path suddenly found itself losing balance.

What the...?!

Before Pain could even realize what was happening, a foot had separated the head of the Preta Path from its body. The Path was sent flying into the border wall, making a cracking crater on it. The force and speed from the kick was much, much greater than something a boy in a 12-year-old body like Naruto could have done. And how it was performed... no teenage boy could have done it. It was the move only a taijutsu master could perform...

...or a Tailed Beast with the skill of a taijutsu master.

Not even stopping a second, the golden bullet which was Naruto shot towards the fallen Preta Path with the speed of a rocket. It was clear that he was intending to completely eliminate the troublesome Path once and for all...!

"Banshou Ten'in."

Right before he could reach the Path, however, he was pulled back forcefully by an invisible force. He flew back as if he was punched at the stomach, towards where the Deva Path was standing with his right arm forward and a black rod on his left.

Three meters... two... one... Pain's hand rose, lifting the black rod up...

And Naruto's irises morphed into the shape of a coin.

What the...?!

"Wind Style: Spiral Strike Burst!"

A vortex of wind suddenly exploded from Naruto's mouth without any hand seals and shot toward the Deva Path with the velocity and power of an artillery shell. With such a close distance, there was no way Pain could dodge this sudden move...!

"Shinra Tensei!" Pain hastily cast his other jutsu, dispel the deadly jutsu before it could land on its target. The force of the technique was so great Naruto was once again thrown away, but he backflipped on the air and landed on the ground gracefully.

'Grrr...'

'Shukaku, the time limit's up!' From inside Naruto's head, the voice of the mission control – Kokuoh – rose urgently. 'Tag out immediately!'