Chapter 5: Secret of the Massacre

Naruto was snoring very happily.

Hey, it can't be helped that the bed in his newly-acquired Namikaze Estate was astoundingly comfortable. The bed in his old apartment was no match for this heaven.

And for how he acquired it... Pfft, Naruto might be a little bit slow, but he definitely isn't a fool. He already knew who his parents were, damn it! So it's just a matter of asking the old man, and this comfy little house was his.

Sure, it's not a huge luxury mansion, or a whole clan ground like the Uchiha's, but hey, it's still his house, his inheritance! It's much better than the trash called his old apartment.

"Hey, Naruto, wake up."

So it was natural that the voice of the man standing at the end of the bed didn't even seem to reach his ears.

"On the count of three, if you don't wake up, there will be trouble."

Naruto just mumbled sleepily.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

And a bucket of very cold water was dumped unceremoniously on his head.

"#!$% &^*$! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR YOU BASTARD!" Naruto bolted right up, a barrage of profanities shot out of his mouth, making Matatabi blushed, Shukaku giggling like mad and Kokuoh clapping his hands around Saikyo's ears, making the girl puff her cheeks angrily.

Then he looked out of the window.

"WHAT THE #%^$#%#! THE SUN ISN'T EVEN UP!"

Shukaku, Isobu, Goku, Kokuoh and Chomei just grinned cheekily.

"Nature manipulation training coming up! Now get your ass out of that bed, unless you want to take a bath again!"

Naruto groaned. That was the price for having all five nature chakra affinities, and a bunch of drill sergeants in the form of the Tailed Beasts living together with you.

(Flashback)

Naruto approached Kakashi at Training Ground 7. Kokuoh had told him to ask Kakashi to check his nature affinity.

'But why do I have to do that? I have wind as my nature,' Naruto asked in confusion.

'Well, I just want to check if my suspicion was right,'the horse answered. 'Come on, it won't hurt to know.'

'Well... but asking that out of the blue may make Kakashi-sensei suspicious... Oh, I know!'

"Hey Kakashi-sensei! Can you teach me how to use Fire jutsu like Sasuke, please?"

Kakashi lifted his eye off his book. "Nature manipulation is an advanced skill, Naruto. Why do you want to learn it so soon?"

"Well, I cannot do anything else except for taijutsu and shadow clones spamming," Naruto shrugged. That was the truth though; the more destructive techniques of him were all unavailable at the moment. "So I would like to, you know, improve my arsenal a bit. After all, Sasuke can do it, and he is a genin just like me."

"I guess that's true," Kakashi admitted. He rummaged through his shuriken pouch and pulled out a piece of chakra paper. "But first we have to check what your affinity is. Channel your chakra into this piece of paper and we will know."

Naruto received the paper, and channeled his chakra into it.

The paper was shredded into exactly one hundred little square pieces. Twenty five of them were burnt into ash, twenty five crumbled to dust, twenty five turned into small balls of paper, and twenty five were soaking wet.