Chapter 18: Because We

Start from the beginning

Looking up, Naruto saw Gaara descending on his head with his left clawed arm lunging at him. This time, the redhead was the one who initiated combat first.

Not even stopping to think, Naruto reacted instinctively.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Five clones appeared in front of the real Naruto and took the blunt force of the punch. They exploded violently, sending Gaara flying, and from within the smokescreen, the real Naruto emerged; on his hand, there was a piece of paper with sealing formulae written on it.

"What is this?" Naruto stared at the piece of paper on Jiraiya's hand.

The Toad Sage chuckled. "It's a seal I designed to suppress the power of Tailed Beasts within a jinchuriki. I originally created it to help you control the Kyuubi in case you one day needed it... But I think you won't need it anymore, right?"

"So why don't you keep it?"

Jiraiya shook his head. "I'm giving this to you to use against Gaara when you two clash later. If what I heard about Gaara was true, he was a psychopath. And there is no way to stop him if he unleashes the full power of Shukaku on the village. But I believe you won't like to fight him if you can, will you? So what you need to do is to get close to him and stick this to his forehead when Shukaku's chakra goes out of control."

'The pervert is right,' Naruto heard Gyuuki inside his head. 'The structure that seal is based on is an advanced structure which is usually used to suppress a very large and powerful amount of chakra.It basically blocks the movement of chakra in a person's body when applied, making the applicant unable to access the chakra of us inside them anymore, at least for a short time enough for him to calm down. It is pretty useless if used directly against us, but through the jinchuriki... it is a completely different story. He is good, I admit.'

Naruto looked at the seal on Jiraiya's hand worriedly for a while. Then, he reached out his hand and took it. "Thanks, Pervy Sage. You and the old man, be careful against Orochimaru, too."

"You don't have to remind me about that," the Sage answered him with a confident smirk.

"Because you're like me, Gaara! I understand all your pain, being treated as a monster... So I will do anything to save you from the darkness! I AM YOUR FRIEND!"

Naruto's hand lashed out at Gaara's forehead. Just another step...

'On your left, Naruto!'

'Huh?'

He immediately raised his arm to block, but couldn't stop another giant heavy arm made of sand, Gaara's right arm, from striking him at the ribs on the left side of his body and throwing him away before he could touch the other jinchuriki. Naruto was once again sent flying like a ragdoll, but thankfully, no bone was broken.

Naruto groaned and crawled up. It freaking hurt. Not only in the body, but in his heart also.

Now I finally understand what old man Hashirama felt when he had to face Madara in battle...

To apply the seal on Gaara's forehead, he needed to move closer to him, enough for his hand to reach Gaara's head. But if he wants to do that, he must move faster than Gaara or his sand could react.

'Naruto, use our chakra now! It's your only chance against Gaara right now!'

'Ugh... I had hoped we wouldn't need to resort to this...'

Once More by ItsHardToFindAPenNameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara