Chapter 19: Make up

ابدأ من البداية

"She told you...what happened?" Omkara asked his heart beats rapidly increasing thinking about Gauri's condition.

Jhanvi scowled at him, "What do you think, Om? You think she'd tell me anything? If she did then I wouldn't be asking you! I tried asking her but that poor girl wouldn't say a thing. She just tried to make up excuses like she had a really bad headache."

"Oh." Omkara felt even more guiltier now.

"Om, whatever you did has broken her heart! Fix it up will you? I don't want my daughter to be sad because of your foolishness!" Jhanvi screamed and cut the call.

Omkara felt a little happy seeing how his mother cared for Gauri but that happiness went away as soon as it came when his mind flashed a scene of Gauri crying. The very sight of her eyes that were full of life, the eyes that gave him hope, the eyes that showed nothing but love for others, shedding tears pricked his heart and he started to drive faster to get home to her.

Once he reached home, he headed straight to his room and found it empty. Sighing, he thought where could she be? Then it occurred to him that she loved spending time near the pool.

He made his way to the pool room to find all the curtains closed, making the room darker than usual. Sitting by the pool with her legs dipped in the water was his wife.

"Gauri" he called out seeing her. She shuddered as his voice filled the silence in the pool room. A wave of guilt washed over him seeing her shudder.

"I'm sorry." She replied her back still facing him. Her voice was enough for him to understand that she was still crying. Listening to her apologise for his mistake only increased his guilt. "I shouldn't have come there and forced you to have lunch. I didn't want to cause any problem in your work, I just wanted you to eat because I know you'd skip it otherwise."

He walked towards her cursing himself for being so cold to her. The dejection that she felt was clear in her voice.

She went stiff as he walked towards her, and he could see her hands moving across her face in desperation.

She's wiping off her tears. He thought. He went ahead and sat beside her leaving some space between them while Gauri looked away to the other side, her hair covering half her face.

"Please forgive me, Gauri." Omkara said as tears filled his eyes. As if sensing his pain she looked at him in an instant and before she could look away he cupped her face. Gauri felt vulnerable, wanting to hug him and cry her heart out for sometime but she just stayed there. His touch was so gentle and caring, providing her with a sense of safety, making her wonder how the mere touch of this man could give her the comfort and warmth nobody could, despite the fact that she had been crying because of him.

He gently wiped away the tears that fell from her eyes with his thumb while her eyes were glued on his. "I'm really sorry Gauri. Please punish me but don't cry." He pleaded. "Mom's right, I'm a fool. Whatever I said...I never meant any of it. Something terrible happened in the office and I was consumed by it, I don't know how I took out my frustration on you. However, I know that's no excuse...please forgive me Gauri. I swear I-"

"It's okay Omkara, I understand. The fault was mine." Gauri interrupted him, tears falling from her eyes.

"No it's not okay, and neither was it your fault. If anyone is to be blamed then it's me. Gauri, no matter how frustrated I am, I shouldn't be releasing it on you."

"I'm your wife Omkara, you have the right to express your feelings infront of me!" Gauri said.

"You're not some squishy ball for me to release my anger on you. I had no right to do what I did." He protested and then gently placed kisses on her tears, sucking them away. Gauri's breath got stuck in her throat at the sudden action.